Fink for outlaw 2013

81 to 100 of 3,129 messages
Britrisky    pirate
14/12/2012 at 14:35

sweetfeet. wrote (see)

Ive decided to always assume the worst i.e. swim longer rather than shorter. Another bit of mental strength training banked for when you really need it.

I do this, too - although I do try to count long swims with alphabet lengths - each length is a letter - Kick, Long, Medal, Never (give up), O(h my god its early), Pull etc

Plus if I'm been swimming for an hour, I've done enough ...

14/12/2012 at 16:50

NIce swim down in Cardiff international pool, A right bitch to get there with all the idiot xmas shoppers on the road, but the pool was suprisingly quiet. 2500m in 44 mins.

I thought the weather forecast was good for tomorrow?? 

seren nos yn canu    pirate
14/12/2012 at 17:01

broke.thats some fast swimming

the pool is lovely down there isn't it....

I have to travel to pembroke tomorrow fora hockey game  ( watching not playing).so no doubt it will be perfect biking weather.........

i need to recover from this man flu so that i can race the pudding run on sunday

14/12/2012 at 17:09

Forecast for Pembroke is good although quite windy, perhaps I'll drive down there caus it looks shit here.

The pool is clean, which is a bonus 

14/12/2012 at 19:25

right done an hour on the turbo at Z1.just to keep near target.......

Red_dog_chris    pirate
14/12/2012 at 20:02
Didn't wake up early enough for a run but did 3k swim instead. Took me an hour hoping to get it down to 50 mins or so by July. I have a broken finger at the moment so when its healed hoping I get quicker lol.
Cpt.Jack sparra    pirate
14/12/2012 at 20:41
45min run z2 and 2500m swim , got the garmin swim watch and it seems pretty spot on so far , saves messing trying to count laps and for ??106 it's much cheaper than the 910xt
14/12/2012 at 20:45

i use the 310xt to measure the laps as i'm useless

Running Postie    pirate
14/12/2012 at 21:07

done my traing as well

Cpt.Jack sparra    pirate
14/12/2012 at 23:24
Seren how do you measure laps with a 310xt ? Have I missed a trick ?
Red_dog_chris    pirate
15/12/2012 at 07:56
1hour cycle and a15 minute run this morning.
15/12/2012 at 08:19

jack.....I put it on run.i then change my screen to the big single time screen.start it off....then every 2 lengths i press the lap button........

i am so usless at counting laps but when i scroll through at the end i can see of i occassionally forgot to press the lap button because the lap will be twice as long as normal..........it then shows me my splits for each 50m........

#you could lap every 25m or every 100m but i would forget where i am if i left it every 100m........

15/12/2012 at 08:20

red dog.similar...............30 min turbo and a 15 min run..........after feling rough for  a few days i was glad to do the session..............

i hate the turbo but at the moment wioth me not feeling 100% and the weather being so crap its a bonus..............

Red_dog_chris    pirate
15/12/2012 at 10:23
Seren- I would do turbo sossion but I think o/h would go bonkers with that in tge house. I have no garage thinking of getting a poolmate watch anyone know if they are good or help with training?
15/12/2012 at 10:31

red dog...my turbo just came back into the living room yesterday as i have no garage........this autumn i have redone the living room.new everything........decluttreed and it was looking nice and tidy...........i now have a bike and turbo and fan behind one of the settees......badly disguised by a couple of throws

15/12/2012 at 11:05

I don't have a poolmate, but I have heard a few pirates swear by them, not sure if they're on this thread.

15/12/2012 at 11:08

Do you have to make sure the back wheel is really clean before putting it on the turbo so you don't have a trail of dirt?

15/12/2012 at 14:15

ive had no problems from a dirty back wheel, but often there will be some oil spray off the chain onto the floor, not to mention a big puddle of sweat so be careful where you set up your turbo.

I've been doing all my turboing in the kitchen rather than the garage, I can be semi socialble with the rest of family there.

I recently got a sufferfest download and I'm loving that as a way to make the turbo sessions much more enjoyable even if they make me work harder than i should for base training.

JvR
15/12/2012 at 14:59

I've had a Poolmate for a while, the older one without the PC connection. They are pretty good at counting your lengths, occasionally I find that I've done an odd number of lengths so its not registered the fact that I've turned at the other end of the pool. However, its only ever about 1 length out.
You can do sets with them as you can hit the start button and it will log it as an individual set.
They're not quite as good when your doing drills, especially anything that doesn't require a lot of arm movement.

Red_dog_chris    pirate
15/12/2012 at 16:02
seren nos yn canu wrote (see)

seren nos yn canu wrote (see)

red dog...my turbo just came back into the living room yesterday as i have no garage........this autumn i have redone the living room.new everything........decluttreed and it was looking nice and tidy...........i now have a bike and turbo and fan behind one of the settees......badly disguised by a couple of throws

Ha ha - I would get so much nagging it wouldn't be worth it- The risk of ice and death is easier to bear lol.

JvR thanks for that I am putting one on the christmas list.

81 to 100 of 3,129 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.