Fink for outlaw 2013

1,001 to 1,020 of 3,129 messages
20/02/2013 at 17:14

Just booked hotels for the full and half. All getting a bit more real

21/02/2013 at 15:44
Quick straw poll. Following the intermediate plan and I am struggling to get all the sw sessions in, in base I have averaged one a week. In those sessions I am completing the sessions with drills etc in the hour and the 2.5k zombie swim. Now we have moved in to build should I:

A) move on to the swim sets from the build phase OR
B) carry on with those from base until they have all been completed

For what it is worth, I am thinking A even though I won't cover the full session in an hour.
seren nos    pirate
21/02/2013 at 15:52

sorry stanners i can't advise on swimming......I'm just keeping with 2 one hour sessiosn of zombie swimming .the same as base but hoping to slowly increase the distance

21/02/2013 at 17:05

I'm no help either. Just sticking to 2 zombie sessions.

Have actually just added up my swim sessions for the first 10 weeks. They added up to.....10 which appears to be lesss than 2 a week

Stoatally Different    pirate
21/02/2013 at 17:19

Got a nice 3:30 bike ride in. 53 miles on a recce of the motion in mercia route.
Blimey its cold out there. Think to get some better tights, gloves and work out how to keeep my feet a bit warmer. I was thinking at one point that I could sell it as a cheap sex change operation

Britrisky    pirate
21/02/2013 at 19:01
First run three weeks this morning - only allowed 1km at 8k/hr, but its a start, and can do 3k at 10k/hr on Sunday -

Swim cut short by vomit in pool tonight (not mine) so early tea!
Iron Pingu    pirate
21/02/2013 at 19:39
7755matt wrote (see)

Got a nice 3:30 bike ride in. 53 miles on a recce of the motion in mercia route.
Blimey its cold out there. Think to get some better tights, gloves and work out how to keeep my feet a bit warmer. I was thinking at one point that I could sell it as a cheap sex change operation

Cold ... so fecking cold ... don't think I've ever enjoyed a bike ride less!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
21/02/2013 at 21:09

arrrrggggghhhhh pool rage tonight and annoyed at myself for getting so fecked off I got out after 1m

Stupid pair of larger women swimming 6ft apart, chatting, heads up and un moving crashed into me (deliberatly a couple of times) about 5 times in 40min.

Having a bad week. Last week of term and I am exhausted, run down and desperate for my 2wks off.

Roll on 3:30 tomorrow

The Evil Pixie    pirate
22/02/2013 at 10:25

Failed to do run this morning giving the excuse that it was freezing cold and there was icy roads and that's not good for speedwork. I plan to now do this tonight on trail in daylight

Two weeks off now ... work in an academy so this is our end of term. 2 blissfull weeks of daylight training, swimming when the pool is hardly in use and actually on the roads with the bike. Can't wait.

Oh and no 4:40 am alarm calls

seren nos    pirate
22/02/2013 at 16:31

hope the holiday weeks are what you need EP.....

week 11 on fink and he has added a couple more brick sessions for me..one before the long run and one after the long bike.....

today was freezing again but i got out on the bike and did my 30 mins outside before a quick change and off for my 12 and a bit miles.found the flatest route around here and managed to keep my HR below 140 for most of the route.............

so pleased.off for a bike fitting tomorrow on my brand new summer bike 

22/02/2013 at 17:35

10 miles run done. It's cold out there

I'm finding brick sessions hard to fit in so from Sunday I'll do the one before the run and the one after the bike but that will have to be it for now.

Ooh shiny new bike. I'd like one but no matter what angle I come from I can't justify it

seren nos    pirate
22/02/2013 at 17:45

i bought this one in december on the cycle to work scheme........it hasn't even got any pedals on yet,...waiting for the fitting and the spring to come......its the same as my old one but they have changed the gears a little bit..........I'v e had my old planet x 2 1/2 years and have used it as a winter and summer bike..........last year i did a fair few miles training for the double so I think i need a new one.

22/02/2013 at 18:10

Just to clarify that the Fink plan only has 2 brick sessions, the bike and the long run are separate sessions if you are sticking religiously to Fink.

Are you going over to Bike Science in Bristol Seren? He did a great job on my fitting.

seren nos    pirate
22/02/2013 at 23:25

oh right BBT....i read that session wrong....don't see the point in doing a shorter bike before the long run unless you put them together really............will reread what he says........

yes BBt Bike science.must get up early........he only did the basic fit on my old bike and that was a really good job so was not willing to get on my new bike until he has fiddled with it

seren nos    pirate
23/02/2013 at 19:14

Just realised that its a cutback week next week............

23/02/2013 at 21:16
Nice, strange that its just 2.5 hour cycle this week though?

I've had plenty of time to train this week and done all the fink sessions plus a bit extra including the rest day already. Shall do some additional cycling tomorrow maybe with a short run brick added on.

Must try to cut back next week though
seren nos    pirate
23/02/2013 at 22:40

i don't look at how long finks long bike ride is.......I make up my own....

24/02/2013 at 07:57
Struggling to find the time with work and family myself. This training doesn't half put strain on your personal life!
Stoatally Different    pirate
24/02/2013 at 08:20

I'm finding it difficult to get all teh sessions in. The next two weeks will be really hard as I'm travelling around between hotels and working in teh day and at night. I've been looking for local tri / swim / run clubs but they only have sessions in evenings - which is when I'm working.

Kendal, Liverpool, Sheffield, Stoke this week

I know one hotel at least has a pool, but its 12m long I'm just going to have to try and focus on the run sessions, get a good long bike on Thursday (hopefully the 63 nile Cheshire Cat route) and then make up swim sessions on Friday / Sat / Sun.

Roll on 2 weeks when I get back to bristol and access to sensible swim sessions

The Evil Pixie    pirate
24/02/2013 at 14:47

failed long bike ride

was thrilled to be able to get outside so layered up but still froze too much

lungs hurting from cold air, eyes sore from wind tears and even my drink made with hot water thinks it's got ice cubes in.

sulking big time now how crap am i

1,001 to 1,020 of 3,129 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.