Fink for outlaw 2013

1,101 to 1,120 of 3,129 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
01/03/2013 at 13:20

3.8Km race distance swum (Ok 2 drink stops) in 1:38 THRILLED!!
now off to get bike and cycle home (the long way)

sweetfeet...    pirate
01/03/2013 at 13:23

Great work Pixie.

01/03/2013 at 14:09

Blimey EP I'll be chasing you from the start then, no where near able to swim that far yet .

The Evil Pixie    pirate
01/03/2013 at 15:51

Ali it was take brain out and just swim. If I didn't have the garmin to tell me it was that long I wouldn't have know as I lose track of lengths after about 16!!

From previous swims I was expecting about 1:45 (the 1:38 was just swimming as I stopped watch from drinks!)

Collected bike from LBS and the gears are so much better. Did 15m ish just over 13mph. Felt stronger despite the wind which was nice but it was only 1hr ....

Rest day tomorrow and long ride sunday now I have some spare inners.

Today I almost believed I can do this which is nice!

01/03/2013 at 16:08

Cracking swimming that EP, well done.

AliBear, know the feeling. Wifey compared a wash load the other day., 4 to 6 items for her and my 2 girls. 18 items for me. In hindsight, I should of bought shares in Wiggle last year, might have been cheaper!

103km on the bike for me in 4hr 16min. Not fast but what I expected with nearly 2000m of climbing. Speed on the flat was what I'm aiming for at 30kmph but I really do struggle with headwinds. Fingers crossed for one of those rare English Summer days on July 7th!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
01/03/2013 at 16:20

wiggle is your friend! I have my own load when it comes to washing!!

Bit tired now not sure why!

01/03/2013 at 18:49

I just don't bother washing it until it NEEDS to be washed 

But I did think omg I am smelling really bad the other night until I figgered out that a farmer had been spreading shit in some of the fields I cycle pass. 

JvR
02/03/2013 at 13:17

27 miles in two and a quarter hours on a flattish route. I'm actually reaching the point where I'm starting to enjoy cycling. 

Lost a drinks bottle going down a hill at the start but managed to get it back after 3 cars had driven over it and missed hitting it. 

Have also decided to be a bit more selfish when it comes to other road traffic after deciding to pull into gap between two cars so a van could overtake me, only to have 3 cars decide to also overtake which left me having to brake hard, try to unclip my feet and end up in a heap with the bike and I stopping just in time so that the tyre barely touched rear bumper of the parked car I was about the run into. Another driver who saw me on the floor just carried on and didn't stop to see if I was OK. 

02/03/2013 at 15:30
Some drivers can be amazingly ignorant JvR. It's been a real eye opener for me since starting to ride over the past 6 months. One idiot deliberately drove as fast and as close to me as he could and beeped his horn as he passed. Would've tw*tted him if I'd caught him.

1hr v hilly off road run yesterday followed by 3k swim (furthest to date) in 58:30
45 miles on the bike today in 2:45. All good although chain came off whilst crawling up a steep hill and I couldn't get my foot out of the clip in time so just kinda fell over. Quick check round that nobody witnessed my embarrassing tumble and carried on as though nothing had happened!
Razor51    pirate
02/03/2013 at 18:06
Thats the way to do it SJ, just act dead nonch
The Evil Pixie    pirate
03/03/2013 at 11:53

long ride was not as long as I had hoped

averaged exactly 12mph - I know I chose to do some hills but it's not flat out here, road service was awful in places with added squashed mud for extra bumps

legs dead, ran out of gears on 3 hills 1 of which I did Friday a lot easier

Not sure 3hrs of gardening yesterday helped mind

sore lower back which I think was yesterday's bending over

Frozen feet as it was colder than I though

03/03/2013 at 13:27

First race of the year for me.

Llanelli half marathon. Didn't expect to much from the run as I haven't been doing much work at race pace, just wanted to go out and see what happened, last years time was about 1:35, around 7:20 per mile, so I just wanted to get a little off that time,

First mile went quicker than expect at about 6:48, thought if I can maybe keep that pace up I would be well chuffed, Managed to keep the pace, but started to fade at about 9/10 miles, but then someone started to run by my side, and we used each other to pace off and managed to keep a good pace until the end.

Finished in 1:28:40, 6:43 min miles. So well pleased with that, only 1 min off my pb. And I feel a hell of a lot better than when I did the pb 

The Evil Pixie    pirate
03/03/2013 at 13:35

OMG you are speedy. *dreams of running just 1m at that pace*

Have realised that this "step back" week is 3hrs longer and 17m more than last week and therefore concluded I was allowed to be tired on today's ride

seren nos    pirate
03/03/2013 at 13:52

BBT.......brilliant race result.......

03/03/2013 at 13:54

Cracking running that BBT

Tired Badger    pirate
03/03/2013 at 14:11
great result BBT, well don for breaking 1:30
Iron Pingu    pirate
03/03/2013 at 14:18

Sub 1.30!  Top running BBT.

03/03/2013 at 17:05

Cheers all, just spent the last 2 hours in bed, getting up at before 6 on a Sunday shouldn't be aloud  

03/03/2013 at 17:35
Well done BBT. How much run training did you do for your PB vs this time. Having been in successive marathon campaigns for the past 3 or 4 years I feel like a real slacker on the running front following Fink so it would be reassuring to hear that you did loads before compared to not much now and it's only cost you a minute.
Running Postie    pirate
03/03/2013 at 18:13
BBT fab time
I have had a bad week training wise, I haven't been feeling very well and had a 9 mile race today. I wasn't feeling the love this morning at all and my bl**dy garmin had died a death, so i was surprised to do the 9 miles in 1hr 10 mins, sub 8 mm all the way!!
1,101 to 1,120 of 3,129 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.