Fink for outlaw 2013

1,141 to 1,160 of 3,129 messages
06/03/2013 at 10:27

UB I was going to whine that I wear gloves but that's a feeble excuse isn't it. Better stock up on some sharpies!

06/03/2013 at 14:24

SS - The swimmers cold, bunged up nose etc is not uncommon. I use BECONASE, a hayfever relief spray, a couple of squirts an hour or so prior to the swim and you should be fine. You can buy Beconase from a chemist or supermarket.  

06/03/2013 at 14:24

If you can't write it on your hand attach a note to your handle bars somehow

06/03/2013 at 14:50
stephen kavanagh 4 wrote (see)

SS - The swimmers cold, bunged up nose etc is not uncommon. I use BECONASE, a hayfever relief spray, a couple of squirts an hour or so prior to the swim and you should be fine. You can buy Beconase from a chemist or supermarket.  

Why would you want to put steroids up your nose before every swim?

The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/03/2013 at 15:29

I get the sniffles ... just buy more kleenex!

Todays 45mins run with 5min Z4 at 30mins was hard work. Legs felt heavy from the start. Rested Monday, brick only yesterday so not sure why I felt so dead .... last week was heavy but not at work so not got the normal on-feet-all-day tiredness. Oh well man up and get on with it.

Going home next weekend which means I won't be able to get my long bike in grrrrr

06/03/2013 at 15:40

Hello Pixie.  I hope I can pop onto this thread from time to time. I have been following you all as you train.  I am doing Fink for Austria so I am 1 or 2 weeks ahead in the training plan but essentially doing the same stuff.    Just going off to do the run with the Z4 bits now.... been procrastinating for the last hour trying to put it off.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/03/2013 at 15:43

*waves*

I'm the queen of procrastination! Enjoy

06/03/2013 at 15:48

... still sat at my computer............

The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/03/2013 at 15:53

GO!

06/03/2013 at 16:00

I am definitely up there with the best of them at procrastinating!! Today I have brought my kit into work so that I can get changed before getting home, and then when I do get home I am not going to go in the house so can't sit in front of the computer reading this forum

seren nos    pirate
06/03/2013 at 16:24

11  miles run this morning......no objection from the stomach and no objection from the stomach so i think we are back in training

The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/03/2013 at 17:05

nice one.

I was pondering whilst running ... ladies I know they say clean, fresh dry socks are essential for the run but what about a bra? It gets wet in the swim, sweaty on the bike ... do you change (quick freshen up with wet wipe?) before the run or just use T2 to change shoes/socks?

I only have 1 pirate top so won't change that, will probably change into bike shorts for the bike and tri shorts for the run so swim in bra an normal shorts? Oh I don't know! I can't see myself doing 112m in tri shorts as I'll be 8hrs and sore!

seren nos    pirate
06/03/2013 at 17:12

pixie..i don't chnage from first thing in the morning until the end of the day....there really isbn't that much time to waste.......socks stay the same..everything.......you need to stop thingnking of wetwipes and total changes each time......unless you are a speedy then you have to get used to running in wet or dirty kit........you won't care on the day i assure you

The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/03/2013 at 17:18

Oh OK!!

I know I didn't change for my HIM and got blisters from wet socks (never get blisters) which was what made me think!

I'm also seriously worried about the fact I keep on having thoughts such as  .... Next time I will do X different in training. Which kind of makes my think my head is already assuming I will do this again!

06/03/2013 at 20:11
Procrastinating? Hmmm. I might give that a go tomorrow....

You know you want to EP!

Slow week for me. Right shin flared up the other day so I am wrapped in cotton wool.
06/03/2013 at 20:20

I am still thinking bike shorts on the bike, change into running shorts - just because in my last race (oly) the pad (trisuit) gave me wicked chaffing on the run.  Socks and bra will just have to stay wet - at least that way if skin is taken off by the bra - you won't really know about it till the end of the day

I am the queen of transition though - super quick.

Edited: 06/03/2013 at 20:22
seren nos    pirate
06/03/2013 at 20:23

anyway it isn't going to rain so all clothes will be lovely and dry ...no problems 

06/03/2013 at 20:41

It def won't be raining where I am

06/03/2013 at 21:08

how is everyone going with training.........

Monday I did 3hr bike ride ........ which hurt like hell  I covered 51 miles avg17mph ....... not sur where I should be with my training shi88ing it at the moment

The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/03/2013 at 21:20
My legs were really tired yesterday on my brick and todays 45 min run was really hardwork even though my he and pace said I was fine.
Mentally fine but worried that I'm physically tired. Last week was a long one but felt ok at the time. Hope I didn't over do it.
1,141 to 1,160 of 3,129 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.