Fink for outlaw 2013

1,161 to 1,180 of 3,129 messages
Running Postie    pirate
06/03/2013 at 21:49
Pixie I plan to change socks and shorts and remember vasaline is my best friend!
Brit I'm running Grantham half, but will be up your neck of the woods for Scunthorpe half and Humber bridge half as these are part of the club series and a good excuse to go to my parents for Sunday lunch after!
IronCat5    pirate
06/03/2013 at 22:15

I swam in a rash vest & trunks + wetsuit. Got changed into monaco tri shorts and long socks for the bike. Then for the run changed socks and shorts (to runners' short shorts).

Waaay to much time in T1 and T2.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
07/03/2013 at 11:55

Today's plan ... mark 1 more piece of *yawn* coursework (1hr+) then 1hr bike on scary slippy roads (normally avoid rain/wet roads but if it rains on the day I can't!) then a short break before hopefully doing my LSR as I'll be home alone.

Been fab having 2wks off school but have done more training and chilling that teacher stuff and behind

me bad

Half way through week 13 folks - meaning we're half way through training with just the taper extra. Nearly there! Woo Hoo we are stars!

SJ I am ignoring your comment but ..... no I'm ignoring that comment. Next year I will hammer the HIM and then maybe ....

Tired Badger    pirate
07/03/2013 at 16:21

This is my plan i think

IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)

I swam in a rash vest & trunks + wetsuit. Got changed into monaco tri shorts and long socks for the bike. Then for the run changed socks and shorts (to runners' short shorts).

Would you do anything differant Cat?

The Evil Pixie    pirate
07/03/2013 at 17:11

bike was crap so I went out and did my run sulking. mile 1 OK mile 2-3 CRAP but then I did also chose the biggest hill in the village which meant I almost came home and withdraw from Outlaw but then logic crept in and put me in my place. Ended up with a good run and very pleased now.

two light days of just a swim to come then long bike on sunday

IronCat5    pirate
07/03/2013 at 17:51

Good mental workout then EP!

Tired Badger wrote (see)

This is my plan i think

IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)

Would you do anything differant Cat?

I wouldn't spend so long in T1 or T2

I'd probably stick to the same shorts, but throw a pair of running shorts in T2 bag just incase. Same with socks. The rash vest meant my neck didn't chafe, so if that could be sorted I'd swim in the monaco too.

Running Postie    pirate
07/03/2013 at 19:42
3.5 hr bike ( turbo) follow by 30min run. very pleased with myself especially as I could actually feel my feet running, bonus was no pain!
Britrisky    pirate
07/03/2013 at 19:57

Great effort, RP - trying to build back up the running miles for my mara in Apr, so up at 5 for 8.75 miles this morning, and a full 3k swim set after work.

Dead sleepy now, mind!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
07/03/2013 at 20:13

3.5hrs on the turbo?? OMG that must have been hell.

I was really upset on my bike today as the legs just were dead and everything seemed so hard. On my run I could have wept but when I realised that I was A) running up a chuffing great hill and Outlaw is flat and B) fighting the wind I then concluded that the bike was probably hampered by the wind too!

At home I checked the garmin and saw that my weeeeeeeeeee I'm going fast hill which is normally close to 30mph was 23mph

So having overcome the demons and realised the bike wasn't all that bad I feel better. Normally my brick is just 1m post ride as I'm slow at Z2 so doing just over 5m today was good as it gave me the full leg experience and better confidence for Outlaw.

I'm not actually due to race until Outlaw - my HIM will be a DIY affair doing the same course I did for my HIM last year as it was held at the pond where I do OW.

Need to see if I can find something I think as going solo won't help - Silver Trucker probably won't be around now

Tired Badger    pirate
07/03/2013 at 21:21
I'm close EP Baddesley , I plan to do the Pirate DIY HIM but i'll gladly join you on training rides. I normally do mine on sunday mornings
Edited: 07/03/2013 at 21:21
The Evil Pixie    pirate
07/03/2013 at 21:31

TB I may take you up on that!

I'm doing the Full Boar Sportive next month too (again from Market Bosworth)

The long rides scare me more than the runs because you cover so much distact and what if somethig happens?! I don't mind the cycling alone it's just the what if that worries me. I'll be alone on the day swearing at myself and how crap I am at hills and wanting to cry and wanting to walk up Oxton bank!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
07/03/2013 at 21:34

I think that's where my in-laws have their canal boat!

I don't really know the area so if you are about or can recommend some nice rides do shout!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
08/03/2013 at 14:09

hmmm weekend weather looks very cold (snow possible), windy and if not snowing wet. Fab. Just what we want.

Just driven to Tamworth and the fog was so thick visability was hugely reduced - I wouldn't have gone out in that. Worryingly the turbo may have to come back out

08/03/2013 at 14:54

Swam the full distance yesterday though my arms were really aching after an hour.

2.5 hour run this morning. Not looking forward to my long bike on sunday. Might make it a bit shorter under the pretext of being around at home in case I'm needed to help with dinner

The Evil Pixie    pirate
08/03/2013 at 15:08

Great work SS

I'm also wondering about my weekend ride. I won't get a long bike next weekend as away so wanted to do over the planned 2hrs anyway but it looks nasty

Choices

1. off road (slow) on old bike with 4 gears (5th lowest doesn't work!)
  2. risk it on the road
  3. turbo

votes please!!

08/03/2013 at 15:19

Wait and see what the weather is really like , if it's awful Turbo it.

Brcik session done this morning and 45 min run at lunch time which gave work colleagues a good giggle as my face is bright red. i could audition for the enw MArvel movie the Red Skull, wouldn't need any make up!

Edited: 08/03/2013 at 15:32
08/03/2013 at 15:22

I went out in the rain yesterday EP. My husband said not to as weather was horrible but I did because I worry about what the weather will be like on the day. This is England after all

I don't know what the weather's like where you live but I'd opt for no 2

The Evil Pixie    pirate
08/03/2013 at 15:29

I'm the midlands which is on the snow list! about 2 with wind chill down to -3 I think.

I'd like to get out because as you say you never know on the day but what if I end up broken!?!?!

*wimp*

Nice one Ali1

I used to love lunchtime runs

08/03/2013 at 16:10
My advice if its just sloshing down and not icy is to get out and ride get them wet weather skills up it could be raining on race day
seren nos    pirate
08/03/2013 at 16:28

agree with ridge.stay out in the rain as long as you can......it i the hard rides that will make you stronger

1,161 to 1,180 of 3,129 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.