Fink for outlaw 2013

101 to 120 of 3,129 messages
15/12/2012 at 18:54

40 mile bike ride in not so bad weather for a change - even had to stop to take a layer off because it was to warm 

The Evil Pixie    pirate
16/12/2012 at 08:55

tomorrow after 13 days of nothing I will train!

Going to do 20mins Z2 running - tempted to swim in the evening too as it's 2.5wks since I've been in the pool but not sure if that would be pushing my luck!

Mr StOat    pirate
16/12/2012 at 09:56

I ran last Tuesday but have been a walking snotfest since then

Hope to get out this week, but I'll wait and see

Red_dog_chris    pirate
16/12/2012 at 10:30
15 mins on gym bike followed by 55 min run. I am trying to make up for lack of swimming lol.
JvR
16/12/2012 at 11:48

No problems red_dog

Well that's my first week of training finished with a 2000m swim in the pool this morning, just under an hour to complete, followed by a 30 minute turbo session on the bike.
Did Jodie Swallow's single leg session from this months 220 mag. Must remember which way to shift the gears when it says to shift down to allow you to maintain cadence. Stupidly went the wrong way and made it a harder session than needed.

Roll on week 2

seren nos yn canu    pirate
16/12/2012 at 13:21

finished off rthe week with a 10k off road race.an amazing fun race and once again they supplied blue skies and sunshine..............

I was 2 mins slower than last year.........but as i have been barely running this year and this years conditions were the worse i have seen ther....mud , more mud and some more and the streams were deeper.i am happy with it.....

The Evil Pixie    pirate
16/12/2012 at 15:17

impressed

can't wait to train tomorrow and I'm ignoring the fact that doing the tree set my coughing off as I am assuming it's dust from 12 mths in the loft!

Running Postie    pirate
16/12/2012 at 19:34
I have a pool mate as I'm cr@p at counting, the OH also uses it when we ho swimming together by asking me how many lengths I have done and he adds 20 to his own count! Don't you hate it when they are faster than you!
Tried to swim this morning but after 20 mins the HR was still up and was very breathless so gave up and rested for the day.
16/12/2012 at 19:45

So week 1 ticked off and I found it quite a nice introduction. Its actually the first time I've followed a pre-written training plan and so far I have followed fink's intermediate plan pretty closely. All the correct days with the workouts as written apart from perhaps a little less length in the pool (just doing the hour) and a little longer on the running due to using it as a form of transport to and from the pool. Going to fiddle with the rest days for around Xmas and New Year and looking forward to more!

I've also put a certain  "give a, give a, give a garmin" advert on repeat in the house!   

Razor51    pirate
16/12/2012 at 21:42
4.8 mile run this morning in 42 mins, ran with just music so was surprised at my pace of 8.42m/mi, normally I'm a 9.30 ish but felt really good but I think I must have crept out of Z2. Fink plan was a bit disjointed this week only managed to run due to sitting for 3 grand kids whilst my daughter celebrated her 40 th birthday in New York with her feller Horse. Looking forward to week 2.
Britrisky    pirate
16/12/2012 at 22:13

1st week was, well, tickety boo - quite pleased to have negotiated a path through 2 parents evenings, one nativity, one pi$$ up (first for, well, years), and 3 meetings after work ... mind you, I think I spent more time finding slots to train than I did actually training.

Next week sorted - just need to get a softer saddle, I think  - or toughen up ... see how next week goes ... 

Might look at Poolmate - can't seem to get my 910 to cooperate counting lengths

16/12/2012 at 22:15
Week 1 complete with 1.5 hours on the TT yesterday followed by a 1 hour 10 min run this morning, both in Z1-2.
Missed a swim session this week so will go tomorrow.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
17/12/2012 at 06:07

Britrisky the poolmate & garmin 910 use the same technology to count lengths so may not differ for you. You need to ensure a good push off the wall or a quick 1 off arm movement to trigger the difference. I've not had issues with mine apart from once maybe twice being 1 out and that's obvious when looking at laps in the garmin connect software

Well went out this morning after bollox all sleep add tail end of cold and HR was storming resulting in more walking than pottering and just over 1.5m done. tragic but after 2wks off it was nice to get out

17/12/2012 at 07:19

my Oh forgot that i get up early on a monday to run and didn't wake me...........so already on catch up.........

need to get out the minute the younger two leave for school now......if i am to fit in the pool and yoga with some strength and sauna between.......... i have squash tonight as crosss training............

17/12/2012 at 08:11

You trying to do all your weeks training in one day Seren??

17/12/2012 at 09:38

Hangover means I missed the 1hr run, but I did manage the 1hr Turbo and it was my best turbo session yet. Still Z2 but in a higher gear than usual and all felt good.

Rest day = horse riding later

Mr StOat    pirate
17/12/2012 at 09:48
Wish this cold thing would go away. Feel really crap still so I've missed 2 weeks training! Lots of people seem to think Fink is too long anyway so I guess another week off
May try a swim tonight
17/12/2012 at 11:03

Day off today so 1 hr run through the woods then a nice bike ride just over an hour, enjoyed it but my legs were tired on the cycle from the weekends efforts. I'm going to have a swim lunchtime too then take it easy this afternoon.

17/12/2012 at 12:49

broke....i always try and stack up my training for the first half of the week.incase things get in the way mid week....i am always ahead rather than catchup.........just need to get out on the bike soon

The Evil Pixie    pirate
17/12/2012 at 13:03

Matt my HR was way up this morning and I am still snotty. I didn't sleep well so will try again tomorrow incase raised HR was sleep not end of cold.

HR was about 20BPM higher than normal so loads of walking and I walk enough as it is

101 to 120 of 3,129 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.