Fink for outlaw 2013

1,181 to 1,200 of 2,715 messages
27/03/2013 at 17:12
Seren, you either need certifying insane or applauding by fellow Pirates, pretty much the same thing.

Weather today has switched 4 times between blizzards and clear blue skies, wish it would make up its bloody mind so I can plan weekend ride!
seren nos    pirate
27/03/2013 at 17:12

i cycled to the caravan ast year......and then cycled the following week 80 miles home before my hwel bust on me leaving me stranded on the wrong side of the severn bridge...had to pay the £6 toll when my hubby picked me up.....

not going to cycle home next week as i have a long ride on the saturday......

but to be honest the cycle to the caravan.means i get a great long ride in before the doesn't take any of my time away from the family holiday

as i leave in the night i arrive here about the same time as then ready to set up the awning and get the caravan filled up......

a win/ win situation

27/03/2013 at 17:16

Seren that's the most impressive bit, you do a mega bike ride by missing out on several hours sleep and then still participate fully in the family holiday that kicks of as soon as you step off the bike.

Most people would need time to rest after all that.

Cortina5    pirate
27/03/2013 at 17:44
seren nos wrote (see)

left south wales 1 am this morning and got to caravan before was a tad chilly and windy on the severn bridge and i got lost a couple of time.......

wanted to bail out at 65 miles but the broom car was over 3 hrs away so kept on cycling.....

total done 131 miles.......i really need a few long rides in training to get my motivation up and to get my confidence up........

i can slep now for a few hours

We're not worthy. Glad you made it there in one piece!

Running Postie    pirate
27/03/2013 at 19:05
Seren well done, my hat goes off to you!
2 hour turbo Sun,3 hr turbo Monday, 2 hr turbo yesterday and an hour run today. Not quite fink but I thought some HTFU on the bike was in need!
Tired Badger    pirate
28/03/2013 at 08:38

Agree with all the comments above Seren, that is very motivating. When in the plan do people think the ceturary rides are best placed? I hope to do at least 3/4 and maybe 1 of them being 120 to know i have the legs.

28/03/2013 at 09:53
seren nos wrote (see)

but to be honest the cycle to the caravan.means i get a great long ride in before the doesn't take any of my time away from the family holiday

After calling you a "barmy bastard" i have to admit that i do the same. Last summer for IMW prep I packed the family off to Abersoch in the car, then rode down 106m through Snowdonia to meet them, drove back to work, rode down 110 the Saturday after and rode home 116 the Friday after. Three century rides with minimal family aggro. And much nicer than spending three days in the car with the kids ... and the wife

Edited: 28/03/2013 at 09:54
sweetfeet...    pirate
28/03/2013 at 10:43

STIL if I read that right your car ends up back at home but your family are deserted 100 miles away with no transport...  Are they still there?

I thought I had done well with a 70 miler yesterday only to log on and see Seren's exploits. We're not worthy! Awesome performance. Top bombing.

28/03/2013 at 11:42

I KNEW I'd forgotten something! Thought it was my phone charger but nope.... it was the family. Thanks for the reminder.

seren nos    pirate
28/03/2013 at 12:30

after a monh of bad training due to illness etc.i needed a kick start....

century rides are great for feling if you get a good dry day and you are planning  a long ride.......i would just go for it and get one in....

Mr StOat    pirate
28/03/2013 at 14:02

I need a kick start. I've had three weeks off with very little training due to illness, bad weather, motivational disadters and so on.

I need to find my mojo. I just don't know where I last saw it

I've still got time to get the training in I need to get round, but that time is running out rapidly. At least I have a 90+ mile ride in 2 weeks. SHould be interesting

Mr StOat    pirate
28/03/2013 at 15:44
We'll get round EP! I may not get the most training in. I may end up slow and towards the back, but I'll finish. Somehow!
28/03/2013 at 16:49

Plenty of time to go. Nothing to worry about. And if all else fails, and you don't get to the peak of fitness you hoped for, there's plenty of regular contributors to this forum who can vouch for having completed this race well enough despite being in pretty unathletic shape.  

The Silent Assassin    pirate
28/03/2013 at 17:19
slowerthanilook wrote (see)

there's plenty of regular contributors to this forum who can vouch for having completed this race well enough despite being in pretty unathletic shape.  

Me and you being 2 there

I'm actually on the flip side of this at the moment and maybe this is because I've joined the party late but I'm loving the training and have just started the twice a day training, I just cant believe how hungry its making me.

Edited: 28/03/2013 at 17:19
WhizKid    pirate
28/03/2013 at 17:22
+1 for the hungry, does anyone else find that after a big session the next door or more so on a rest day you just want too eat everything including the plate?
28/03/2013 at 18:02
Plenty of time to turn it around but unless you are dying on your a*se its time to get a grip and get on with it if the weathers crap so what wrap up warm if its snowy get the MTB out and get off road or turbo, this is the time when motivation dips and you just have to slog through it , i am glad i am having an IM break this year but sm still training for a Half IM and an Ultra and i am having the same motivation problems and have had to give myself a good talking to
28/03/2013 at 18:16

Come on people

If you cant run, go for a brisk walk, if you cant ride outside, get on the turbo or get on a bike at the gym, anything us better than nothing.

Nobody is going to get you out the door, only you can do that.

28/03/2013 at 18:43
SA and Jamie, thank god it is not just me. I am getting through 3 good size meals a day and still have a constant hunger. I am currently having a a twice a day week of training due to a break next week and I'm bloody ravenous. Just had a nice spag bol dinner but babysitting for the 2 little ones tonight. As soon as wifey is out of the door...I am ordering a pizza!
28/03/2013 at 19:09

Well I've done b....r all this week

45min run monday

1hr swim tues

35 min run wed

45min run fri

2hr run sunday (race) hopefully 1hr 59m 59s

But I'm chilled about it. Training been going ok up to now (I think)

Am also really hungry all the time

Britrisky    pirate
28/03/2013 at 19:51

My mentor told me to drink milk - it seems to have helped

1,181 to 1,200 of 2,715 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.