Fink for outlaw 2013

1,181 to 1,200 of 3,129 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
08/03/2013 at 16:34

thanks folks

will be slower as I hardly ride in the wet (another reason to do it I guess!) but must man up! After all I have to earn that Outlaw title!

Mr StOat    pirate
08/03/2013 at 23:58

About 50 minutes in teh pool today, 2100m.

I know its well under what Fink is wanting right now, but bugge rme it was about the best swim session I've had. Ever.

Guess it shows what a good coach can do.

Very happy to feel goood about swimming again, and i didn't feel battered at the end. I might just survive until the run after all

09/03/2013 at 08:20
Really want a self pitying moan, but will leave it at that was a crap week of training! Legs felt heavy on the runs, no swimming due to work and binned this morning's bike after 75 minutes on the turbo as I knew my girls were playing in the house and I hadn't seen them in 3 days!

Anyone joining me in the wussy corner or are you all going to compound my misery with tales of 100mile bike rides in glorious sun with tailwinds the entire way?
IronCat5    pirate
09/03/2013 at 10:37
Stanners from the Bridge wrote (see)
Really want a self pitying moan, but will leave it at that was a crap week of training! Legs felt heavy on the runs, no swimming due to work and binned this morning's bike after 75 minutes on the turbo as I knew my girls were playing in the house and I hadn't seen them in 3 days!

Anyone joining me in the wussy corner or are you all going to compound my misery with tales of 100mile bike rides in glorious sun with tailwinds the entire way?

Write it up, learn from it and move on. It is now behind you so keep lookind forward. Over on the shorter tri thread we've been discussing family and training. Its never easy!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
09/03/2013 at 11:06

I always feel guilty going out even though my lad is now 15! That's probably why I've done so much whilst off when he's at school and hubby at work.

Got 2hrs on the bike tomorrow and even though it's "my day" what with it being mother's day I will still feel guilty and then cook the roast!!

But .... 1hr quality time with son today as we went swimming. Well we both went to the pool did lengths and stopped to chat a few times! 2.1km in 1hr with chatter

The Evil Pixie    pirate
09/03/2013 at 11:51

I moved to the midlands almost 9 years ago and as I didn't know the area I thought I would go out on my bike and discover things. This never happened  BUT I've just found lurking in the back of my desk draw a pack of cycle routes varying from 13 to 32m!

I can now merrily map some routes safe in the knowledge that the council and national forest think these roads are safe to cycle on!

*excited* 

No work will now be done this afternoon!

09/03/2013 at 14:12
Stanners from the Bridge wrote (see)

wouldn't dream of it (it was headwinds the entire way)  Don't blame you for taking time off with your daughters though, got to be done sometimes,, I'm glad its getting lighter mornings as didn't feel so bad heading off this morning knowing rest of family would still be in bad for at least half my ride.

Pixie, I moved where I am now about the same time and also have trouble working out routes that avoid the major roads, wish I was back where I grew up when it comes to working out cycle routes. been on a few nice rides with tri club but can never remember the route when Im on my own.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
09/03/2013 at 14:26

husband has even less idea where he is .. he can get to work and that's about it!

09/03/2013 at 14:32
Early and i mean early mornings is the way, with a family plus the roads are quiet lovely i used to get back and showered from a long bike and my bunch were just getting up
The Evil Pixie    pirate
09/03/2013 at 14:34

and as the days are getting lighter this is more of an option - mind you my weekday alarm is 4:40 as it is in order to train before work!

09/03/2013 at 14:55
EP thats commitment! Same for me when IM training weekdays alarms set for 4:30 at the latest to get a sesh in before work not IMing this year so i get to lay in till 5:30
09/03/2013 at 16:30

OMG I feel ill just thinking about the times you set your alarms for.

Bike route sorted for tomorrow. Cut short because I feel I am going to be needed to supervise my mothers day meal

09/03/2013 at 18:03
Same here, 5:30 every morning. Have snapped out of my funk now. Truth be told I don't think 1 and 1/2 bottles of red helped last night.

Tomorrow is another day and I WILL have a purposeful 1:15 run!
seren nos    pirate
09/03/2013 at 18:47

I have my first ever bike event tomorrow.a 10 mile TT..........nervous and excited..............hoping i feel good for it and the bike behaves........not sure what to expect but would love to get as close to 30 mins as I can....

cleaned the bike for the first time in a couple of years.......will try and cycle home from the venue to get in some more miles

09/03/2013 at 19:40
Stanners, your problem could probably be resolved by rounding up to whole bottles rather than dealing in halves. You've upset the wine gods!
IronCat5    pirate
09/03/2013 at 19:46

Enjoy the TT Seren. You'll need a good warm up first - ride the course is it's a 10 miler? Don't go out too hard, use the first couple of minutes to settle in, the hammer it

09/03/2013 at 22:06

Good luck Seren

Iron Pingu    pirate
09/03/2013 at 22:16

Ooh enjoy Seren !

10/03/2013 at 00:47
Have a blast Seren
The Evil Pixie    pirate
10/03/2013 at 11:30

freezing cold & windy but 25.6m done at a slow pace but done

so cold

1,181 to 1,200 of 3,129 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.