Fink for outlaw 2013

1,341 to 1,360 of 3,129 messages
24/03/2013 at 16:43

Slokey Joe - hope you're ok

well I cut my bike short and only did 35miles. Everything was warm apart from my toes.. Followed up with a 4 mile run to finish the week off

24/03/2013 at 16:59
As the plan called for a 4hr bike and I only did a 3hr turbo yesterday, decided to extend my run today. Plan was for 90minites but ended up running a snowy, hilly, cold 2hrs and managed to cover 25k.

Happy halfway point fellow Finkers!
Running Postie    pirate
24/03/2013 at 19:09
Umm only managed a 2 hr turbo, so much for a big training weekend. I blame the OH and his DIY. Here's the deal, I'm sat on the turbo whilst he is putting up coving and traipsing in and out and spreading plaster everywhere. The mess is so off putting that I had to get off the turbo 2 hrs early to clean it up. Then I was starving so I thought I'll have a Sarnie and then get back on the turbo. By the time I had finished my sarnie my mojo had deserted me. I did think I might get back on the turbo tonight but alas The Goonies have got in the way.
24/03/2013 at 20:12
Damn them Goonies!
Britrisky    pirate
24/03/2013 at 20:15

Planned a 4 hour ride, then weather, and couldn't quite face a 4 hour turbo, or a 2 x 2 hr turbo come to that, so swam instead and will have another try tomorrow ... 

M...eldy    pirate
24/03/2013 at 20:29

Brit ... 2hrs out and come in to warm up for another 2 hrs, its what all the cool kidz are doing this year 
That or 3 out and1 in.. you get the idea

IronCat5    pirate
24/03/2013 at 21:00

After yesterday's MTBing my warm shower was great, then once dressed I still had that cold feeling! Warmed up much better after today's run.

Britrisky    pirate
24/03/2013 at 23:03
M...eldy wrote (see)

Brit ... 2hrs out and come in to warm up for another 2 hrs, its what all the cool kidz are doing this year 
That or 3 out and1 in.. you get the idea

(If the truth be known, I'm just quite nervous about taking myself so far from home in these longer rides ... I still feel quite new to 'proper cycling' and am scared about being such a long way away, on my own. But I have to go out of the city in order to avoid stop-starting with traffic ...
... it doesn't help that a very seasoned rider I know has just had her elbow re-built after a fall ... erm - off to bed to HTFU, I guess )

The Evil Pixie    pirate
25/03/2013 at 06:46

Brit I started a thread a week or so ago "where am I?" and there was several of use saying the same.

My concern was being alone what if something went wrong? etc

Still resting up due to lurgy

set alarm to normal time today and was shocked at how bright it is at 6! It's full daylight! Which just made me excited for training in daylight before work this week as I only have a 3 day week

25/03/2013 at 09:18

2Hr Turbo Sat and 2hr Turbo Sunday plus a 1.30 run so all done just not quite as it should have been. Must have stopped every 30 mins on the 2nd turbo session, had been banished to the kitchen and all that yummy food around me was too much of a distraction.

Weather for this weekend doesn't look to be any better.

Britrisky    pirate
25/03/2013 at 14:38
4 hr ride this morning with a very slow 11 mph average, but in a savage wind which, quite frankly I feel quite pleased to have survived!

I must say, my pirate jacket did a very good job of keeping the wind out - even when my neoprene gloves and shoe covers didn't!
25/03/2013 at 15:21

Managed 12.5 hrs last week in this weather.  Quite proud of myself 

Hour swim this morning done and a 75min interval session on the turbo this evening.

27/03/2013 at 11:07

I would ask where is everyone but I'm going to presume you're all out training.

Really am fed up of this weather now, forecast is awful and finished this mornings run in snow flurries. I know I'm luck to be able to run and not be stuck in because of snow drifts. Although had no power at home Mon night and none at work all day yesterday so it's not been plain sailing either.

Trying not to have another wibble due to cancelled events and realising there's not that many weeks left now. Ah well fall back to the plan of keep on training and following fink and I will get there.

Hope you're all OK and coping with this horrid weather. At least next week it will be light enough to train after work... weather permitting!

27/03/2013 at 11:42

Hi AliB - I'm not out training Actually I have just been out for a 3 mile run which should have been longer, but I'm sooo tired. Am having a cut back week because I've got a half marathon on sunday but it's not quite cut back fink style. I don't think an hours cut back is enough for my old bones to notice so whereas I meant to cut back a lot more than that, I think because I'm so tired I'm going to cut back even more and hopefully have more energy an go next week

The Evil Pixie    pirate
27/03/2013 at 12:09

I'll dying and therefore sulking

seren nos    pirate
27/03/2013 at 14:10

left south wales 1 am this morning and got to caravan before lunch.......it was a tad chilly and windy on the severn bridge and i got lost a couple of time.......

wanted to bail out at 65 miles but the broom car was over 3 hrs away so kept on cycling.....

total done 131 miles.......i really need a few long rides in training to get my motivation up and to get my confidence up........

i can slep now for a few hours

27/03/2013 at 14:15

Bows down and takes hat off to super seren

Iron Pingu    pirate
27/03/2013 at 14:26

Bonkers Seren, bonkers

27/03/2013 at 14:31

Seren - what are you doing? Thought you were spending easter with your mum somewhere

seren nos    pirate
27/03/2013 at 14:35

no down the caravan with the family...

thsi is the 5th time ihave cycled at night and i really love it.......

I lost my front light on a pot hole.4 am in the morning......it took me 30 secs to stop and walk back to pivk it up.and a van came from nowhere and droveover it and smashed it......couldn't believe the odds of it happening

good job i had my proper spot light light as well that lights up my way

1,341 to 1,360 of 3,129 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.