Fink for outlaw 2013

1,381 to 1,400 of 2,715 messages
seren nos    pirate
13/04/2013 at 11:44

i still find it hard to get the balance right on a much that i laways have two gloves with me...either winter and spring.......or spring and summer.....

always have leg and arm warmers on so they can go up and down easily....

alight weight rainjacket that can screw up in a pocket if the forecast is dry as it can double for rain or wind.....

and now I have discovered i can cycle with my long sleeve cycle jersey ariound my waist even with all the pockets full.......

tomorrow looks wet though so will need a bigger jacket that will cause even more indecsion.......

13/04/2013 at 13:26
Lovely 3 1/2 hours on the bike this morning. Felt good and could of gone on further had i not been on a time limit. 110km covered too so distance building slowly. It really did feel like it is starting to come together.

Nutrition strategy working a treat
Speed where i want it to be
Know how i am going to keep hydrated

On the downside, bloody hell my wrist hurt from longest use of tri bars. Any tips (queue smutty comments)?

And i saw my first real life Pirate in the wild!
13/04/2013 at 15:16
Only 17 (whimpers and panics)? My OW group does not start for another 2 weeks...
13/04/2013 at 19:42
We have usually been in the sea reguarly for at least a month by now but one thing and another we have not got going, I had a nice painless if extreamly wet cycle today only did and hour and a half but bar swimming which i hope will start next weekend I am back in the game pretty much recovered from the op and resuming training for Bala and The Wall Ultra so its all good
13/04/2013 at 19:49

good luck for tomorrow EP

seren nos    pirate
13/04/2013 at 19:52

great news RBM......

this constant rain is pissing me off now........the thought of riding 100 miles in it tomorrow up and down hills in the wind and heavy rain for the whole day is making me sad

13/04/2013 at 20:20

I checked the water temp in Chepstow dive quarry the other day and it was still only 8 degrees so still pretty cold.

13/04/2013 at 20:35
Seren I much prefered freezing but cold
14/04/2013 at 17:33

wel done EP it's all good training.

did 46 miles and the wind was a nightmare, one point I was going down hill and losing time to the virtual training partner if i didnt peddle.

However more miles in the tank and the sun was out for a while so all good.

Britrisky    pirate
14/04/2013 at 17:34
You've had a similar day to me, I think, except my total was 62 - I don't think I have ever been so tired. Was going to run after but hit the shower instead ... And then fell out of it!!
14/04/2013 at 17:51
Hats off to everyone who got out on the bike today in that wind. Running in it was bad enough
Razor51    pirate
14/04/2013 at 18:01
Hi Gang,
31 miles on the bike this morning, tough at times into a headwind, still managed to avg 15 mph so can't complain,
I have been looking at Evans cycle maintainance courses and its only a tenner, got to learn something for that price
Running Postie    pirate
14/04/2013 at 19:04
Well done to everyone that got out on the bike today, that was a windy one!
I spent a day with my boys at the horse trails. We are now all wind burnt and tired!
Happy training
seren nos    pirate
14/04/2013 at 19:42

It was wet and windy and very hilly....and we had a number of mechanical problems.and at one stage the rain felt like hail as the wind was hitting it into my face...........

and my lower back is hurting probably from spending so long down on the brakes jamming them on down all the technical horrible hills with lots of crud on the road.......

anyone want to buy one very dirty muddy bike........

I looked like I had been doing MTB not road biking as i was caked in so much dirt

i blame Pingu..But broke but tring is my hero for the day

Razor51    pirate
14/04/2013 at 19:59
Why, cmon spill!!
Iron Pingu    pirate
14/04/2013 at 20:23

I do accept full responsibility, lol.  I don't think I've ever come home so caked in mud.  It was certainly an interesting day!  Lets do it again     

14/04/2013 at 20:41

I should have got you to clean my bike IP 

Seren my legs looked muddier than yours after I took my tights () off, at least your legs got washed by the rain, and it was my pleasure, at least I got to practise fixing things without anything actually going wrong with my bike 

I reckon we drag IP to some OW swimming soon

Mr StOat    pirate
15/04/2013 at 07:34

My whole weekend consisted of no Fink training. However it did involve moving a large lockup container from Oxford to Shropshire, via Ikea to collect loads more stuff. Then moving it all in to a new house. That was saturday. Sunday was moving the boxes around, then moving all the flatpack and building it all and then collecting 3 piece suite, firdge freezer and a bed. Prety much all single handed as sister is 8 months pregnant (still very good at directing things though!)

I feel like I've done a HIM a least! Really very very achey all over, especially top of thighs / hmastrings

My saturday morning physio may need to be repeated next saturday

seren nos    pirate
15/04/2013 at 07:54

and just when me and Pingu were complaining how hard it is to get back wheels on for teh Planet x bikes....and how it really takes ages....BBT steps in a does it in 1 sec flat.....

so thats us proved wrong

but he was the total gentleman fixing my back puncture and IP's brakes and then when I punctured with a mile and a half to go he drove back in the car to rescue me .....but amazingly I had managed to actually change the innertube myself and was nearly ready to go.....and so cycled to teh finish.......

15/04/2013 at 08:15
Good training in wind everyone. I on the other hand completely bottled it and did a good few hours on the TT courtesy of 'Ted' and 'An Idiot Abroad'. No run this weekend as got a last minute opportunity to have a blast round the Manchester Velodrome for an hour. Plenty of Z4 training!!
1,381 to 1,400 of 2,715 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.