Fink for outlaw 2013

1,861 to 1,880 of 3,129 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
08/05/2013 at 12:09

Wiggle has been -now have small, cheap lights just to say "I'm here" when it's dull. Not full on power beams but better than nowt.

Also got puncture repair self sticky patches as my inners are hard to come by and I can't afford to replace them without fixing!!

Now for the blonde stupid shameful question.

*waits for laughter*

It's been suggested that I raise my handlebars to see if that reduces the "neck ache" (well technically I guess it's the top of my back?) so err ...

How do I do that and how much do I move it?

The Evil Pixie    pirate
08/05/2013 at 14:45

Noooo just been told that the week after Outlaw which is our enrichment week I'm with the year 7's doing a tourism project. This involves a 10-15mins walk into town, standing around for an hour then walking back. I have this on 3 days. My "day off" isn't until Thursday.

I can feel my legs hurting as I type  maybe I should get one of those old people sticks which turn into seats!!

OW swimming tomorrow night, gentle run in the morning me thinks, or maybe a bike and a run post swim to warm up? Hmmm

08/05/2013 at 15:04

What a brilliant recovery program 

iron fraggle    pirate
08/05/2013 at 16:06

RBM - was down your way this weekend staying with my mum on the north coast - flippin' eck the hills are relentless when you're on your bike arent; they ?   i lived down there for many years, but it was still a surprise *just* how hilly it is

08/05/2013 at 16:52

Fraggle i love Cornwall I have been here 30 odd years now and love the hills  i amin South East Cornwall next time you are down if you fancy a swim or ride give us xa shout we have regular group training every weekend

iron fraggle    pirate
08/05/2013 at 16:59

may well do - no doubt I'll be down in the summer, will have a natter with you at the outlaw feedstation

08/05/2013 at 17:50

Hokey dokey 

Running Postie    pirate
08/05/2013 at 18:44

Feeling a tad jealous with all this cycling going on the ribs still hurt like hell so no training other than lots of walking. 

08/05/2013 at 19:45

RP, don't be. I went out tonight for my brick set and got caught out on a wuick decent by a hail storm shower. Effin' HAILSTONES! It hurt so much.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
09/05/2013 at 06:16

short bike ride today due to inability to put contacts in. I hardly use them and need to get used to them for outlaw. My last lot were OK but I took so long to use the pack of 30 that they don't make them any more!  New ones are more comfy & don't dry my eyes but 1-2mm wider & that means I take longer to get them in! Need more practice

Off OW swimbling tonight

09/05/2013 at 12:53

2nd OW swim done and dusted, went better than the first one but a long way to go yet. 1000 meters is only 1.4 of what I need to be covering!

Neck is killing me again today, too much craning my head around trying to figure out where the heck I was and where I needed to go! Think I  need a LOT of help sighting, it's a good job outlaw swim is straight and narrow.

09/05/2013 at 12:59

Ali you cant get lost trust me 

Running Postie    pirate
09/05/2013 at 17:44

Ribs X-rays, all intact end just  bruising, still hurs like he'll but there is hope!  Maybe I will be towing the line of a sprint tri on Sunday

Britrisky    pirate
09/05/2013 at 18:08

That's good news, RP - knowing you you'll PB again Sunday 

K9
09/05/2013 at 20:03

Our first OW session was cancelled - not sure why.. Maybe weather.

Not too wOrried about the swim though.

As long as I get a couple of sessions in to remind myself of the feel I'll be fine.

I have a 2.4 mile event in coniston in 3 weeks if all else fails.

Managed a 2 mile pool swim and 31.5 mile slow bike today anyway so all god.

K9
09/05/2013 at 20:04

Good.

Flippin I-pad

I seem to be spending more time baking/ cooking/ creating at the moment.

Much more nspiring.

Bored with long distance training- still getting out there, but bored nevertheless

The Evil Pixie    pirate
09/05/2013 at 20:46

Well that was horrendous! I drove to the pond thinking hmm breezy, chilly and a touch of rain.

I got there (having paid £3 to get in to the car park) and I swear there was surf on the lake! Even the ducks stayed on the banks.

Only did 1 lap tonight - took about 6-7mins longer than Saturday. Couldn't breath the waves were strong, choppy, face full of spray and wave I just couldn't swim properly. So gave up.

On the plus side it was warmer! I am also getting in quicker and getting my face wet quicker but I think I did the wetsuit up too tight round my neck as that was tight as was my chest. Twice I stopped to sort goggles and twice I stopped to cough up my lungs.

Not best happy - this is why I decided to do every swim I could as I need the practice I'm no where near feeling comfortable and being up to speed

09/05/2013 at 21:04

EP get with the positives you didnt chicken out and you got in and swam despite the conditions ..... Its all good  

The Evil Pixie    pirate
09/05/2013 at 21:09

If I had seen the water before I had gone through the gate I probably wouldn't have!

Was supper nasty and rough

seren nos    pirate
09/05/2013 at 21:18

best to get used to rough as you never know what race day will through up...

1,861 to 1,880 of 3,129 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.