Fink for outlaw 2013

1,861 to 1,880 of 3,161 messages
Mr StOat    pirate
07/05/2013 at 21:09

That's my paln RBM, finish this year, race next year

4 miles run tonight, couldn't face any firther after the DIY half on saturday.

Back to it tomorrow, if I can find somewhere to do something

07/05/2013 at 21:31

Following 2 days rest after the DIY Half on Saturday. 14k on the treadmill over lunch hour and then an hour on the bike chasing the sun as it set tonight. After the little bit of wind we had at the DIY, I am forcing myself onto the road for as many sessions as possible instead of wussing out and opting for the turbo.

Honk, Pork Pies? You kept that one quiet. Question is where did you keep the mustard?

EP, chin up. You might not feel like you are where you want to be but you have put a lot of training in over the last 21 weeks. Reset your goal and make the next 9 count and we will all see you at HPP

07/05/2013 at 21:43

EP - hang in there and dont quit, you have put too much into the training to jack it all in now.

For what its worth my swimming is still rubbish and I am fearing not even finishing that part, cycling just getting over 14mph now on 60m plus rides a little bit hillier than Outlaw and run (well walk) after my own HIM at weekend just gets me inside a 6hour marathon.

But I have trained bloody hard just like you and I will be at the start and see what I can come up with on the day, just like you will.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
08/05/2013 at 04:30

Morning - up early to get out on bike for 90mins but it's black out there?! What happened to day break? off to the garage instead

08/05/2013 at 06:01

TJ great attitude 

EP 4:30? great sfuff 

PSC    pirate
08/05/2013 at 06:13

4:30! Nutter

The Evil Pixie    pirate
08/05/2013 at 06:16

me bad.

Last week I ordered cheep easy fit/remove lights from wiggle - thanks to the BH they didn't arrive yesterday as planned. So when I saw it was dark earlier I was peeved.

Anyways when I had the room light off it didn't seem sooooo dark so I went out anyway! White VLM rejects jacket on to make me show up and I only saw 2-3 cars before it was nicely light.

It rained so I practiced corners in the wet.

Just under 1hr of undulations followed by 15+ mins run.

Now running late for work! need to shower/change and get out of here in 45mins. Oh need to drink tea, sort bag & take out breakfast too!

BTW anyone else tried the limited edition chocolate soreen?! Nice!

PSC    pirate
08/05/2013 at 06:19

Hang in there folks!  It sounds odd but are you getting negative because you are tired. Relax for a day or two... Do what you love most for 45 mins as active recovery if you  must, but sleep well and arise rejuvenated. 

As for bike speed, I reckon you can add about 2 mph on the bike on race day. So a 14 mph training ride is doing ok. 

Chin up

The Evil Pixie    pirate
08/05/2013 at 06:21

PSC you charmer you!

I hope can have that extra 2 'cos I'm about 12 tops now

Note still not started getting ready for work!

PSC    pirate
08/05/2013 at 06:27

then you will be within the time I believe.  

The Evil Pixie    pirate
08/05/2013 at 06:55

08/05/2013 at 07:57

Dont forget Outlaw is alsoa pretty fast course fairly flattish rolling bike and pancake flat run so that should help your average speeds keep plugging away folks 

The Evil Pixie    pirate
08/05/2013 at 12:09

Wiggle has been -now have small, cheap lights just to say "I'm here" when it's dull. Not full on power beams but better than nowt.

Also got puncture repair self sticky patches as my inners are hard to come by and I can't afford to replace them without fixing!!

Now for the blonde stupid shameful question.

*waits for laughter*

It's been suggested that I raise my handlebars to see if that reduces the "neck ache" (well technically I guess it's the top of my back?) so err ...

How do I do that and how much do I move it?

The Evil Pixie    pirate
08/05/2013 at 14:45

Noooo just been told that the week after Outlaw which is our enrichment week I'm with the year 7's doing a tourism project. This involves a 10-15mins walk into town, standing around for an hour then walking back. I have this on 3 days. My "day off" isn't until Thursday.

I can feel my legs hurting as I type  maybe I should get one of those old people sticks which turn into seats!!

OW swimming tomorrow night, gentle run in the morning me thinks, or maybe a bike and a run post swim to warm up? Hmmm

08/05/2013 at 15:04

What a brilliant recovery program 

iron fraggle    pirate
08/05/2013 at 16:06

RBM - was down your way this weekend staying with my mum on the north coast - flippin' eck the hills are relentless when you're on your bike arent; they ?   i lived down there for many years, but it was still a surprise *just* how hilly it is

08/05/2013 at 16:52

Fraggle i love Cornwall I have been here 30 odd years now and love the hills  i amin South East Cornwall next time you are down if you fancy a swim or ride give us xa shout we have regular group training every weekend

iron fraggle    pirate
08/05/2013 at 16:59

may well do - no doubt I'll be down in the summer, will have a natter with you at the outlaw feedstation

08/05/2013 at 17:50

Hokey dokey 

Running Postie    pirate
08/05/2013 at 18:44

Feeling a tad jealous with all this cycling going on the ribs still hurt like hell so no training other than lots of walking. 

1,861 to 1,880 of 3,161 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.