First Duathlon Completed!!!

5 messages
14/06/2004 at 19:31
Well, not wanting to shout it from the roof tops or owt, but i took part (and finished) my first ever duathlon yesterday.
It was at Caerleon, Newport (4k/18k/4k) just right distance for a beginner i thought, but the race description of the run being "HILLY" was very generous! Being Ex-forces i'm convinced they imported the last hill from the beacons, not very long but quite steep, and a killer right at the end.
But as i say i finished, and am very glad, and slightly proud, 34th out of 48 isn't going to to worry anyone yet, but i'm chuffed to bits.

Now if i only i can sort this breathing malarky out i shall do a tri...... wonder if they allow snorkels?? ;-)
14/06/2004 at 22:46
bog snorkling perhaps???
14/06/2004 at 23:00
Congrats Brian. welcome to the wonderful world of multi-sports.

Have heard that the Caerleon course is pretty tough. Haven't got to it yet due to date clashes. Do you know if the results are available on-line? Just like to see who of the local tri guys & girls were racing.

15/06/2004 at 01:18
Well done Brian.I hope to do my first in October.Did you enjoy it though?
15/06/2004 at 01:19
Well done Brian - I've only ever done one - the infamous Ballbuster (Boxhill, Surrey) I'll never forget ... forgetting where my bike was when I finished the first run LOL

well it was very misty, though I have to admit there weren't a huge number of bikes left by the time I'd done the first run

Mr John Lunt who organises the event always hails it as "as tough as a marathon" but now having done a few of those, I would say ANYTHING that gives you a break from running 26.2 miles, has got to be easier

trouble is TRI's are soooo expensive

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.