First olympic Tri coming up, need a wetsuit

does anyone know of a good place to buy one near Coventry?

9 messages
21/03/2013 at 11:38

Does anyone know of a good place to buy a good Tri wetsuit near the West Midlands/Warwickshire area (Coventry) ?

I know there is one in Birmingham called Try1st UK, has anyone been ?

21/03/2013 at 15:53

Check your local Lidl shop,it only cost me a tenner and it keeps me dry

21/03/2013 at 16:48

keeps you dry? interesting wetsuit

I got a great deal on ebay.. £400 worth of barely used orca alpha for £100. You'd want to be fairly confident of the measurements though.

21/03/2013 at 18:25
B_Kins wrote (see)

keeps you dry? interesting wetsuit

I got a great deal on ebay.. £400 worth of barely used orca alpha for £100. You'd want to be fairly confident of the measurements though.

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about, I'm happy to spend around £150 but have thought about having a few try-ons and checking ebay for the same
@ niloc senoj 15, I might spend a bit more to get a Tri specific wetsuit as I'll be attempting to make the cut of time in an Ironman in it ......eventually

Edited: 21/03/2013 at 18:27
21/03/2013 at 18:32

What about going to an open water site that lets you try one first and maybe just hire it first? Don't know what's near Coventry though...

21/03/2013 at 18:51
Don't they do open water up at Bosworth ?
21/03/2013 at 19:46

Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
Don't they do open water up at Bosworth ?

Just checked out the website, they have a duathlon this weekend, I might go over for a look if I get away from work in time, I think Coventry Triathletes train there during the summer

I was planning on trying tri-1st http://www.tri-1st.co.uk/triathlon/swim/wetsuits-uk-wet-suits/ in Birmingham.

21/03/2013 at 23:06
They do indeed do OW at Bosworth but never seen any wetsuits there (as in to try before you buy). The swims are run by 1485 tri club so maybe contact them. Six hills in Loughborough do I think but maybe thats a bit far for you. There is a tri shop in leics (frog island) - never been but depending what side of Cov you are it mightbe closer than Brum.
22/03/2013 at 09:06

Thanks EllieO, I'm almost in Brum, but may check out Leics tri shop, not sure about this weekend though, its a bit snowy here this morning and apparently worse to come

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.