Fitting Tri Bars

Totally Blonde Bike Numpty

3 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
24/11/2012 at 14:09

Guys I've got myself so tri bars.

I was told take off my light and bike computer and using spacer if needed just screw on.

Problem 1 - I can't for the life of me work out how to get the light mount off! Computer came off OK but I can't see a screw to undo the light!

Problem 2 - do I fit the tri bars so they have the cable (break? gears? comes out from under the tape) is within the clamp or  move the cable so it's outside?

I'm really worried about breaking anything!! LBW did say they could help if needed but I can only get there on a Friday due to work - suggestions?

cougie    pirate
24/11/2012 at 15:19
What light clamp is it ?

You don't want the cables inside the clamps on the bars - they have to be tight so you would crush the cables.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
24/11/2012 at 15:30

Thanks Cougie

The light  clamp I've shuffled over so the tri bars will fit! I gave up

Next time I'm in the LBS they can take it off - I'll get a service over Christmas and until then I'll only turbo or old bike off road

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.