Food on the bike

21 to 29 of 29 messages
25/04/2011 at 12:49

I really like the chop-topped waterbottle idea for food - nice one! I usually have gels in my pockets, and really like the CNP Flapjack Chocolate Orange flavour which is protein rich and long lasting. I also like Powerbar Cookies and Ceam, but it takes a bit of chewing, and if it's a cold day, it sets solid!

If i'm riding with a tritop on with no pockets, I have an SIS gel belt (got from Tesco I think) which carries my number if needed, up to 8 gels, and has a zip pocket for keys, cash, phone, Capstan full strength, sausage rolls, Scotch Eggs, Brandy miniatures.................

30/04/2011 at 18:14

I bought a little tri bag from wiggle for about £8. You velcro it to your bike frame and it's perfect for jammy dodgers, jelly beans, keys and mobile phone.

I also learnt to sellotape gels to the bike frame, just along the top that you rip off, for easy access and opening. Maybe a little blob of tape and the bottom to stop it wobbling around too.

M...eldy    pirate
30/04/2011 at 18:24
I bought a little tri bag from wiggle for about £8. You velcro it to your bike frame and it's perfect for jammy dodgers, jelly beans, keys and mobile phone.

Otherwise known as a bento box 

O.rangeCannon (kona-7)    pirate
30/04/2011 at 22:18
i need a bigger bento box....

i can only fit a couple of hot X buns in mine, and I eat something solid every hour. I am packing 3 hot X buns and 2 bananas for tomorrows ride, plus a few gels etc etc etc

energy bars are small, but too exepnsive to use all the time
30/04/2011 at 22:28

OC

get in the kitchen,   home made flapjack is rocketfuel and you can make it to your own taste,  (thought of you guys y'day as I took some choc brioche out with me on the ride)

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
01/05/2011 at 10:47
got a recipe Jaffa?
01/05/2011 at 13:20

Yes, recipe please Jaffa!

Recipe swap time! (is this what this thread wants? anyway here goes) my Banana bread recipe is:

225g wholemeal flour, 1/4tsp salt, 1tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp baking powder, 60g sultanas, 40g brown sugar, 70g golden syrup, 4 medium size very ripe bananas.

Mix well in a big bowl, scrape into lined and greased 1lb loaf tin, bake in oven at 180C for 45 mins ish.

Comes out like a cross between malt loaf and brown bread - yum yum! Slightly sticky, low GI. Really good toasted too!

meface    pirate
02/05/2011 at 09:27
See Downs Link MTB thread for Rocky Road, Lemon Drizzle, GInger Biscuits bakery discussion. It is not a knitting club, it is a bloody bakery club.
02/05/2011 at 09:46
*pads off to Downs Link Thread*

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.