Forestman

Anyone in for 2014?

4 messages
28/06/2013 at 13:03

just wondering if anyone has done this in the past - heard loads of good reviews about past years, also someone said entries are open already for 2014, but i cant find that link anywhere.

sounds good / hilly so probably not ideal for a newbie like myself.

30/06/2013 at 21:55

Budjude - the Race New Forest website doesn't have a link for next year (or even a date that I can see) but they are off doing a LE-JOG charity thing for the next 8 days or so.

I expect they will get some more info up once that is finished.

As for the race - I did it this year (my first full distance) and can say the bike isn't too bad. I live in Shropshire, so loads of hills here and I thought it was fine.

The run - a killer. My advice is if you do want to do it then book a nice weekend in the New Forest and do a full bike loop (about 73km) on Saturday, and a lap of the run (about 15-20km depending on whether you start at Sandy Balls, or the car park where the off-road running starts).

The organisation is spot-on, a great event for first-timers I would say - but don't expect the fastest of times possible!

31/08/2013 at 09:52

The date & entries are now open - 22nd June 2014

Anyone in?

TR
31/08/2013 at 10:42

I always say "one day" to this, I've done the Middle Distance and the Swashbuckler a few times each. The Tri Talk folks really rate the Forestman highly.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.