Framing my IM medal

Looking for somewhere that can do a good job

8 messages
18/10/2011 at 09:48

So after doing Ironman last year, I have finally gotten round to looking at getting the medal, race number and finisher photo mounted but I haven't really been able to find somewhere that looks like it is any good. I've tried a quick google but haven't seen anywhere that looks good. So has anyone had thier medals etc mounted and where did you get it done? Ideally I would be looking for somewhere in London but anywhere reasonably close by that I can get the train (or cycle) too would be good - actually I can't image cycling home with the frame so scrub that

thanks 

18/10/2011 at 10:01
I've only had my 1st IM one done but used a local framer to do it. The frame has my finishing certificate, finishing photo and race number inside - the medal hangs off the bottom of the frame.

there are plenty of framers out there if you look. check with a local independent card shop - they can often point you in the right direction, or an artists supply shop. the framer I used is co-owner of a card shop just close to my office so was very handy (and he's done some other stuff for us as well).
18/10/2011 at 11:24
I used the local snappy snaps equivalent and whilst the A2 printout of my photo montatge is fine, the hole he cut for the medal to go in is a bit naff and it hangs on my desk wall annoying me. It's just a bit careless, like he did it in a rush.

I might have to get it redone somewhere. I have a montage, including finishers photo, and my race number from the day in my frame.
Golden Boots    pirate
18/10/2011 at 11:47
Budha, Gladys - I would be really interested to see how they look if you have any pictures? Something like that sounds really good!
18/10/2011 at 12:10
GB - if I remember I'll take a snap tonight

I should say that it's hanging in the downstairs bog.....too modest to display it elsewhere!!
Edited: 18/10/2011 at 12:11
18/10/2011 at 12:24
"Too modest..."

So hung in the one room guests have nothing else to look at?!

Mine's in my study. So no one aside from me sees it. You can see the options I considered. I went in the end for the first one (the montage)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150283591320025.325796.733610024&type=1&l=9cb0c1faae

If you want a pic of it in situ I can do that tonight, but it looks like the montage, in a simple silver coloured frame, with a bad cutout round the medal bit and the real race number, not the mockup!
18/10/2011 at 12:28
guests?? wtf are they?? we keep the riffraff out
18/10/2011 at 12:53

thanks I will have a look at local photographers and other card shops. I plan to have the finisher cert on the left, medal in the middle with race number below and the finish line photo on the right. Hope to anyway...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.