Friendly, social rides on flat courses.

Feb 12,13,19,20th

201 to 220 of 231 messages
19/02/2011 at 20:12
Well now you've mentioned the nuzzling AH
19/02/2011 at 20:34

It was good to meet some new people and put faces to names.  Thanks to Smiffy for a great friendly ride, with sadistic laughter thrown in.   Despite my moaning, I was enjoying myself, honest.   Thanks to you and Random Man Chris for helping with my punctures.(when I say helping, I obviously mean doing completely with me looking on )   It wasn't flat though so shut it!!!!

It would be good to love those hills.....love the down just dread the ups.

19/02/2011 at 20:56
We almost make the perfect bike relay team, i'll climb them, you can whizz down them Saff
19/02/2011 at 21:06
Flat Footed, loved your description of your downhill speed......very funny.    Although I think you got faster with each downhill we came to.  More than happy going down   it's the climbing that causes protests, as you may have noticed.
19/02/2011 at 21:41
Saffers wrote (see)
 Thanks to you and Random Man Chris for helping with my punctures.(when I say helping, I obviously mean doing completely with me looking on ).

SAFFERS!
Suffolk Punch    pirate
19/02/2011 at 21:55

Great day out. Now pizza'd, wine'd, showered and actually feeling warm again!

Loved the route. Not quite a sicko for the up-hills, but really enjoyed some of those descents - even if it felt like being shot blasted by the ice cold rain - yeah - would have been better fun if it had been dry. But hey ho! The weather maketh the story.

Thanks for organising this Smiffy, great to catch up with you and some other old faces as well as meeting some new ones.

Thanks to Chris for guiding us after we got separated as I didn't have a clue where we were!

19/02/2011 at 22:01
Artful Hen wrote (see)
 No one mentioning the tit nuzzling, then?

Barley's or the horses?

Top ride today guys,  thanks to all for your fab company,  it was most enjoyable in some perverse sort of way!
Food,  beers,  shower and more food done.  Some sleep might be in order now if I'm going to manage a run tomorrow.

And Dustboy I'll let you into a secret...............Smiffy was struggling too

AndrewSmith    pirate
19/02/2011 at 23:18
Saffers wrote (see)
More than happy going down

Damn, I was happy to settle for cream eggs!

Dustboy    pirate
19/02/2011 at 23:43

Glad to hear this all went off so well. Very sorry to miss it but the reasons were inescapable.

Suffers. LOL!!!

Smiffy doesn't struggle, he just lets you think he does.

Barlos is very quiet?

Tootles loop followed by a run? Absolutely. If we can start the loop from Newlands, I have a perfect off road run course. 10K. Flat. Course is available on www.allabouttriathlons.co.uk March G3 course.

Plus, of course, Newlands burgers after.

April?

Nicko. Hdau    pirate
20/02/2011 at 09:32

Just wait till I get my chest sorted out then I'll show you  
A couple of guys need to realise that brakes are only for stopping you crashing into cars at the bottom of hills. Getting to the bottom as FAST as possible is FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, even on the bends
And ladies thank you for those cute bottoms in tight lycra Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh and any chance of a tit nuzzle girls

20/02/2011 at 09:45
Nicko you're verging on the pervy now... Serves me right I spose.
Edited: 20/02/2011 at 09:48
Nicko. Hdau    pirate
20/02/2011 at 09:50
Artful Hen wrote (see)
Nicko you're verging on the pervy now... Serves me right I spose.

Waddya mean verging ????? I been training for years
20/02/2011 at 12:46

Has any one got a record of how much total climbing we did yesterday?  I don't think I've got it set up on my Garmin. Just interested.

Nicko. Hdau    pirate
20/02/2011 at 12:59
Artful Hen wrote (see)

Has any one got a record of how much total climbing we did yesterday?  I don't think I've got it set up on my Garmin. Just interested.

Lots !!!!
AndrewSmith    pirate
20/02/2011 at 13:08
Artful Hen wrote (see)

Hen I will plot it on Memorymap and see, I have been trying to do it on Bikely but that is playing up. The course evolved from the planned one after Groombridge but I don't think it is much different from that which was 1370mts. I expect somewhere between 24 and 27 metres a mile, that's 2688 to 3024 for an IM distance ride so everyone should be very pleased with their acheivement  

Has anyone got a rough actual ride time as my bike computer was not working?

20/02/2011 at 13:09
Artful Hen wrote (see)

Feck loads.

I have also just recalled Flat Footed flashing his ar$e at one point.  Smiffy missed it but luckily I was looking in the right direction for a change.

20/02/2011 at 13:13
AH, just looked at my Garmin and it says 'Elevation Gain 1309m'.
AndrewSmith    pirate
20/02/2011 at 13:51

What about ride time?

Garmins are a bit pessimistic so you did even more climbing than that

20/02/2011 at 13:56
AndrewSmith wrote (see)

What about ride time?

Garmins are a bit pessimistic so you did even more climbing than that

ahaaaaa so if we were climbing.....there were hills.  Right?  You cannot climb up something that is flat.....not in my book anyway.
AndrewSmith    pirate
20/02/2011 at 14:03
I meant social, as it the Pirate hierarchy!
201 to 220 of 231 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.