full diets

1 to 20 of 31 messages
26/09/2013 at 08:55
Can anyone on here give me a full diet plan fir doin and iron man as I need something to follow
26/09/2013 at 09:17

Time was when people introduced themselves first and said "please" when they were asking for something.

Those were the days eh?

Doner Kebab    pirate
26/09/2013 at 09:31

how can you have a universasl diet plan? 

if you use xxxx calories, then eat xxxx calories

or alternatively you could follow my plan which is 

use use X calories, eat 2.3 x X 

cougie    pirate
26/09/2013 at 10:00
Just eat normally ? If you are a chubster - then eat a bit less and cut out the bad stuff. Its not rocket science.
26/09/2013 at 10:11

if you need a full diet plan to follow - consult a dietician

otherwise, we are all different with different needs, likes and dislikes, but essentially eat healthy natural products and cut out the shit - a diet of Big Macs is not an IM diet! 

as cougs says, it's NFRS

Rafiki    pirate
26/09/2013 at 10:20

someone should tell Barley about the Big Mac thing

26/09/2013 at 11:44
I'm only going to be doing the 70.3. Do I need half a diet?
Cake    pirate
26/09/2013 at 12:32

Just eat normally and have a balanced diet.

26/09/2013 at 12:34

i get what u are all saying and ano its not rocket science but a was just wondering what foods might help with training ect. Please .

26/09/2013 at 12:40

I've just clicked on the 'nutrition' tab and found this: http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/triathlete/triathlon-nutrition/ask-the-experts-triathlon-nutrition-with-lynn-clay/8446.html.  No idea whether any of it is any good, as couldn't be bothered to read it, but it may assist. 

The shorter answer is: just eat mostly healthy foods.  

You can expand this with: if you're losing weight unnecessarily, eat more.  If you're gaining weight, eat less.  Despite all the rubbish in the media about 'superfoods', the training you do will affect your race far more than the food you eat.

Cake    pirate
26/09/2013 at 12:42

This book has some info on diet if any use. It's not compihensive but it might be a good starting point and worth getting anyway for as a ref book for stuff. link

For good food turkey in low fat so some turkey mince instead of beef or lamb is good. Rice and pasta is always good and sweet potato's are ace.

If you really wanted to get all tecnically about diets there is a whole industry set up for it but unless your ever rich or planning on becoming a pro sportsman it's not worth it. Just in case you are ever through this links for a really good sports diatition who is also my wife and we need a morgage.

26/09/2013 at 12:53

Bag of chips and a pint post training, curry at weekend, if you need to suppliment it more bung in a spring roll

Wabby    pirate
26/09/2013 at 12:56

I tried to diet and felt knackered all the time. The more training you do the more calories you will need. I make mine up with cakes and beer

Seriously though, I always make sure I eat enough protein and carbs. Not into protein shakes so milk is always good. Eggs, chicken, salmon, load up on veggies. Buy a steamer. Rice, bagels, wholegrain bread, porridge etc etc etc.

Then I have more cakes and beer

26/09/2013 at 12:59

cheeers for that, thats a big help. have either of u two done iron man then? will 10 months training be enough for me to do it?

Cake    pirate
26/09/2013 at 13:05

Trotter I've done one and failed to do anouther one cutting out the beer is useful but not esensal. You going to find once you are in full on training that you will be ramming food down you as much as you can mate this is normal but just make sure you don't keep it up after you have fineshed training.  

Cake    pirate
26/09/2013 at 13:07

Trotter if your thinking about what to do for a ironman you also might find some of the info on this site useful. Be warned they are all a bunch of freaks through.  link

seren nos yn canu    pirate
26/09/2013 at 13:07

trotter depends on your starting point and how much training you put in..then it depends on how much you want it and a bit of luck on the day........

no yes or no answers

Wabby    pirate
26/09/2013 at 13:12

Wales this year and going back for more next and adding a second visit to Wimbleball for good measure. Mid field mediocrity

10 months is good as long as you aren't starting from scratch!

Golden Boots    pirate
26/09/2013 at 13:19
Cake wrote (see)

unless your ever rich or planning on becoming a pro sportsman it's not worth it.

Just in case you are ever through this links for a really good sports diatition who is also my wife and we need a morgage.

haha... and worst salesman of the year award goes to...

Cake    pirate
26/09/2013 at 13:21

Just realsied if you had a health issue or a diet problem she is a also a very good person to talk to as well as being gorgous.

1 to 20 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.