Fun2Tri events

What is the difference between fun and super sprint distances?

8 messages
04/03/2013 at 09:34

Am I missing something obvious?  Someone has asked me about trying this triathlon and asked whether they should enter the fun or super sprint event.  They seem to be the same distance and I can't see anything describing what makes them different?

http://www.fun2tri.co.uk/stratford/index.htm

Thanks

04/03/2013 at 09:53

There must be a typo somewhere as the distances are the same...

seren nos yn canu    pirate
04/03/2013 at 09:59

there are prizes for the super sprint event.so maybe more competitive

Rafiki    pirate
04/03/2013 at 10:11

You have to smile all the way round on the Fun one - makes the swim more interesting

MTri    pirate
04/03/2013 at 10:19

With the Fun one you won't get a discount if you are a member of BTF, but you do with the Sprint, soFun probably intended for once only racers

The Silent Assassin    pirate
04/03/2013 at 11:50

It is the same distance.

They bought the category in when some speed merchants who should have been doing the sprint version dropped down to the super sprint pot hunting, when they started posting quick times it scared a few people off entering so they changed it and called it fun event

04/03/2013 at 22:34

Thanks.  I've passed on the info and suggested the fun one so she avoids the competitive bit.  And advised her that the fun one *requires* her to smile the whole way round

10/03/2013 at 10:39
Love the description of their Birmingham course, fast flat and road traffic free. First 500m out of T1 is uphill and the bit between Keepers Pool and the visitor centre is badly rutted and has speed humps. Throw in people walking their dogs, kids cycling etc and IMO it's a dangerous route.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.