Garmin 910 XT Tri Bundle

Multi Sports ?

1 to 20 of 26 messages
02/05/2013 at 17:40

I have been looking at purchasing one of these but do not knwan anyone who has one as it would be good to have some feedback from a current user. I am new to Triathalon but taking it seriously. Any comments would be appreciated.

kind regards

John

03/05/2013 at 09:12

I don't have one but I want one.  Since I already have the 310XT, I think it's only a matter of time before the Garmin marketing machine persuades me to upgrade.

"910XT - Is it any good?" seems to be a widely asked question on this forum.  Look up the threads but in short, "yes", if it's not going to leave you in financial ruin, the consensus seems to be that it's a cracking bit of kit.

03/05/2013 at 09:14

I have a 310XT with hr strap and bike sensors.  I think it's excellent and wouldn't be without it.  When it dies, I will upgrade to the 910XT (or whatever model is available at that time) for sure.

Do it!

03/05/2013 at 09:19

Hi!, I'm new to Tri as well so don't really know what I'm doing at all! However for my birthday my OH bought me the 910xt tri bundle..... I love it! If you can afford it then do it And if you decide not to continue with Tri's then there seems to be a good resale value on ebay

Hope that helps

Pudge    pirate
03/05/2013 at 09:24
M..o.use wrote (see)

I have a 310XT with hr strap and bike sensors.  I think it's excellent and wouldn't be without it.  When it dies, I will upgrade to the 910XT (or whatever model is available at that time) for sure.

Do it!

Is it really that much better than the 310XT?

I've had my 310 for about a year now and I think it's the mutt's nuts.  I can't see how it could improved on, except maybe the depth of the face.

03/05/2013 at 09:26

Got one, love it, lighter and smaller then the 310 and....measures your indoor swimming lengths saving you having to count length and does SWALF!!!!! don't know what that is look it up on the garmin site. oh and the battery easily last 14 hours for the duration of an IM

Pudge    pirate
03/05/2013 at 09:30

Ok, I'm convinced, if only by the ability to track swim lengths.

Dustboy    pirate
03/05/2013 at 09:52

Tracking the OW swimming is classy though, even if it is a bit jiggly!

MTRIumphant    pirate
03/05/2013 at 09:59

I've got one as well, necessary upgrade after I 'mislaid' my old 310.  Tri bundle was at a 'bargain' rate one day on the Garmin website, so I jumped at it.

Impressed with the indoor swimming function, good for distances (99.9% of the time), good to review efficiency, stroke rate, pace etc.  Haven't tri the openwater function yet.

Got cadence sensor on both TT and road bike, and find it useful during training etc.

All in all, can't really fault it.

03/05/2013 at 10:45

I had a 310XT for 3 years and loved it.

I upgraded to a 910XT in February and it is truly magnificent!! All the nice features of the 310XT but with the awesome pool functionality, it's now gone from great to perfect.

Multisport mode is invaluable, but for someone who can't keep count in the pool, it's revolutionised my swimming.

If you can afford it, go for it.  But shop around - places like Handtec, SimplyElectronics and PentagonGPS can be £100 less than some of the cycling/tri shops for exactly the same product.

Pudge    pirate
03/05/2013 at 11:14
Timmy_G wrote (see)

I had a 310XT for 3 years and loved it.

I upgraded to a 910XT in February and it is truly magnificent!! All the nice features of the 310XT but with the awesome pool functionality, it's now gone from great to perfect.

Multisport mode is invaluable, but for someone who can't keep count in the pool, it's revolutionised my swimming.

If you can afford it, go for it.  But shop around - places like Handtec, SimplyElectronics and PentagonGPS can be £100 less than some of the cycling/tri shops for exactly the same product.

Timmy, I'm guessing that the HRM and cadence sensor that I already have on my bike will work if I upgrade to the 910?

Bloody hell, I was perfectly happy with my 310 a couple of hours ago!

03/05/2013 at 11:33

Am I correct in thinking, unlike the chunky wrist strap upgrade you can buy for the 310, the 910 does not have the same, preventing you from snapping it off after swim and plonking in nicely visible position on stem of bike?

Stoatally Different    pirate
03/05/2013 at 15:00

You CAN get a 910xt quick release kit

03/05/2013 at 15:31

Pudge - don't get me wrong, the 310 is fine and I won't get a 910 until it breaks.

I'm not entirely sure all the bits are compatible but it's easy enough to check on the Garmin website.

Stoatally Different    pirate
03/05/2013 at 16:56

The HRM and cadence will work fine with the 910 if it previously paired with a 310

03/05/2013 at 18:11

Thanks for your comments everyone. I am now convinced so doi some online pricomparison on athe will be ordering.

sorry Pudge if this thread means you spending money on something you didn't even know you wanted / needed !

Doner Kebab    pirate
03/05/2013 at 21:59

the 910 also adds 3 kudos points and .75 inches to your manhood, and yes, i have got one

Doner Kebab    pirate
03/05/2013 at 22:01

for ladies it adds a +10 point ability to attract a male triathlete but -8 geek points to suitability of normal males 

03/05/2013 at 22:30
Doner Kebab wrote (see)

the 910 also adds 3 kudos points and .75 inches to your manhood, and yes, i have got one

0.75 inches you say?! I need to get another couple then! 

In the meantime one is great, but if I'm 100% honest, aside from the swimming doesnt bring an awful lot more to the party than my trusty 305. 

But I had to buy one (and a new laptop!) so I could use TrainerRoad virtual power, which I just love! 

Doner Kebab    pirate
03/05/2013 at 23:03

i hope you havent been laughing at my puny power output on trainer road Gladys

1 to 20 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.