Goggle fogging

9 messages
04/03/2013 at 16:05

Just a quickie.

My goggles fog up like a bugger when I am swimming. Any suggestions for how to stop it?

I heard suggestions of spit, washing up liquid etc but just wondered if anyone had any bright ideas

04/03/2013 at 16:08

I honest to god thought you said 'Google fogging' in your headline and was wondering that the hell that was.

The Silent Assassin    pirate
04/03/2013 at 16:14

don't know the answer but seem to remember someone on here trying washup liquid and just eyes full of suds

04/03/2013 at 16:16

Well logically speaking, fogging occurs when you have a cold surface that suddenly comes into contact with hot air etc ....... so perhaps if you 'pre warm' your goggles beforehand (ie tuck them under your shirt or something or wrap them up) then the discrepency between the heat you are giving off and the googles wont be so great.

WildWill    pirate
04/03/2013 at 16:22

as David says allow you google to reach the approiat temprateure ... put them in the water for a while

OR

rathe than washup liquid use baby shampoo its more gentel if you get it in your eyes. one tiny drop of baby shampoo into each goggle and rub it around to make sure the lenses are coated well. Rinse lightly, but don't rub the lenses as you rinse so that a light coating of the shampoo remains on the lenses.

OR 

You can but anti-fog spry BUT i've never tried this

04/03/2013 at 16:23

I use a spray I got from wiggle called aqua sphere. its a tiny bottle for about £5 but i only need to give each lens a couple of squirts and its then good for about 4 to 5 weeks. 

04/03/2013 at 16:59

washing up liquid works - when you remember to do it

otherwise a good gob on the lens, wipe around and rinse works well enough

and re: cold water fogging - yes, it will happen and until the water warms up enough to reduce the temp differential between the water and your eye sockets, then get used to swimming in a fog.....

Edited: 04/03/2013 at 16:59
Nurse Ratched    pirate
04/03/2013 at 17:02

I spit.  Classy burd

04/03/2013 at 17:12

When I used to dive the popular story was that the anti-fog sprays were filled by divemasters gobbing into them.

I'm a lick and rinse boy.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.