Goggles for women

12 messages
05/04/2013 at 22:08
My OH is having real probs finding goggles that fit. She's bought 3 different sets of goggles, they all let in water. Do any of you female types have suggestions? Favored goggles? She's doing open water swimming, so something suitable. I'd be most grateful as we seem to be single-handed lay responsible for Zoggs' massive profits!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
05/04/2013 at 22:24

My best pair were more expensive Blue Seventy ones that I got at an event

I have a tiny head even for a lady - most of the time I have my goggles so tight I end up with red rims for hours but they hardly ever leak. If the do it's a minor adjustment.

M...eldy    pirate
06/04/2013 at 01:01

I wear Zoggs Predator ... its horses for courses

Make sure she does not have any moisturiser on, this will effect the seal on goggles

I also used to use the aquasphere masks which I found very good, she may want to try one of those, if you can find your way to a shop then trying them on first should make life a lot easier

PSC    pirate
06/04/2013 at 05:54
Try these...

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/aqua-sphere-kaiman-ladies-goggles/

I've used the AS brand for 6 years. Big fan! Another great product is this one.

Http:///www.wiggle.co.uk/aqua-sphere-antifog-solution-30cc/
Edited: 06/04/2013 at 05:54
06/04/2013 at 08:50

I had this problem when I started and third time round bought some aqua sphere kayenne. No problems with them. 

Really don't think you'll know until your'e in the water though. Theyv'e all fitted me fine in a shop.

Nurse Ratched    pirate
06/04/2013 at 09:28
M...eldy wrote (see)

Make sure she does not have any moisturiser on, this will effect the seal on goggles

+1 for that. 'twas Meldy who gave me that tip and it worked a charm.  

06/04/2013 at 14:55
Now there's something we wouldn't have thought of. We have bought some Aquasphe Kayennes. Thanks everyone.
Nurse Ratched    pirate
06/04/2013 at 15:49

They're the ones I use and I have no problems with them.  
I don't like going without moisturiser, so I just wipe some toner round my eyes before I head to the pool.

Running Postie    pirate
06/04/2013 at 17:59
+1 for soggy predator
06/04/2013 at 19:48

mouldy doesn't use moisteriser, it's pollyfilla :P 

as you were

M...eldy    pirate
06/04/2013 at 23:15

fur cough you old hag   

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
07/04/2013 at 19:51

Another vote for Zoggs.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.