Going Faster

What are your limiting factors?

21 to 33 of 33 messages
13/07/2012 at 14:31

Anyone slower than 14 hours? Check out the times and age group!

http://etu.triathlon.org/en/results/result/2012_roth_etu_challenge_long_distance_triathlon_european_championships/8275/

meface    pirate
13/07/2012 at 14:42

So if I can keep my pace for the next 30-years I am a shoe-in for a Kona slot.

Whooppeeeee!

**Checks out Kona accomadation**

13/07/2012 at 15:32

With multisport my limiting factors have changed over the years, when younger I would have said it was my mind, now though i'd say it was my body.

JvR
13/07/2012 at 18:14

Having enough time to train.
My swims isn't the fastest, I'm sure it could be with effort
Cycling definitely needs improving both in speed and general bike handling skills.
I've no plans to win anything and will most likely be at the trail end of any race, which I'm happy with, as long as I know that I've performed to the best of my ability and that to improve further I'd have to take time out from work and commit to some serious training.

WildWill    pirate
13/07/2012 at 21:37
I need ...

... to loose weight
... Not work so far from home
... Have a back transplant
13/07/2012 at 21:52
In my last race, i had a moment where i said to myself, "You f##king idiot, you spend all this time trianing are you going to let that person in front of you beat you?" it was the first time i felt the kick and put in my best performance (took 13 min off my previous years result in a sprint and 7th AG). It was a first for me and it marked a point where i went from competing to complete to racing. I think carrying this attitude forwards will help.

So to go faster, race to finish compete than to complete!

Funnily enough that is that same reason a colleague gave for not moving on from being a very good OD triathlete to trying IM distance. Personally, i think that is nonsense!
13/07/2012 at 21:53
Please note, my IM debut is not until 2013, so feel free to ignore my ramblings
14/07/2012 at 05:08
TheEngineer - I'm 65kg and a (relatively) slim 30yr old 'lady'...there'd be nothing of you!

Lots of gentleman latching onto the 2mins training...argue as a good interval session maybe...obviously as iron distance triathletes you have the endurance part nailed when the mood takes you?

*silence...nervous laugh*
Cheerful Dave    pirate
14/07/2012 at 06:27
Endurance is one thing, but unfortunately from your perspective many male triathletes treat sex as transition: kit off, in & out as quickly as possible, toilet stop, right that's done, can I get out on my bike now?

14/07/2012 at 07:57

-Lose weight

-Sort out some the muscular problems I have.

-Consistency in my running

Quite easy except for #2 ...which impacts the consistency part.

kittenkat    pirate
14/07/2012 at 07:58

I'm glad I'm not married to a male triathlete then!

14/07/2012 at 08:01

If having sex was a limiting factor I'd be up there with them kenyans....

15/07/2012 at 16:54
CD I love that analogy (as no doubt will my male triathlete buddies!) again laughed on the train...people are starting to edge away!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 33 of 33 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.