Golden bikes

recurring IM theme

21 to 40 of 81 messages
purpletrilady    pirate
19/06/2012 at 16:53
fat buddha wrote (see)

nope - never been able to manage it

peeing on the run however is remarkably easy but don't try it if you have some crotch chafage after a 180km bike ride  - strong urine and raw skin are very unhappy bedfellows.  

That's what happen to me in Regensberg. I had the worse chaffing ever. 

kittenkat    pirate
19/06/2012 at 17:08
fat buddha wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)

I peed on a plastic chair in transition, hope no-one sat on it after.

IM Florida - T2 changing tent - bloke sat on the opposite bench peeing profusely while sitting down.  I told him to use the loos as I did think that was a bit too much with others coming in after us.  

Some guys just don't care. When I was at the Welsh Castles with my running club the other weekend, guys were stripping off to change bollock naked in the middle of the sports hall where we were sleeping.

19/06/2012 at 17:59
kittenkat wrote (see)
fat buddha wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)

Some guys just don't care. When I was at the Welsh Castles with my running club the other weekend, guys were stripping off to change bollock naked in the middle of the sports hall where we were sleeping.

And your point there is???  

seren nos    pirate
19/06/2012 at 18:04

i had better not go back to enduroman..........My hands wouldn't work enough to take my shorts down.hence sitting down to pee my pants on the grass..........and this year quads refusing to work hence not able to sit down and having to pee standing up at teh tree...........

I can say that this years was more successful as last year all the peeing in my pants caused the worst chaffing I have ever known...............this year no peeing in pants and no chaffing at all.........

19/06/2012 at 18:23

I have to ask, is it worth it?

Don't you stink like an old people's home for the rest of the day?  I don't like the sweaty smell of myself very much by the end of an IM as it is, without adding stinking of piss into the mix.

kittenkat    pirate
19/06/2012 at 18:33
fat buddha wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)
fat buddha wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)

And your point there is???  

It had my team mate in hysterical laughter for about 10 minutes,

Hope    pirate
19/06/2012 at 19:56

I wouldn't do it in training Mouse but on race day I do.
I think it's worth it then.... in beats trying to find a suitable bush!

Tbh, I probably don't smell too grand at the end of an Ironman... with or without the piss!

19/06/2012 at 19:59

No. I have white bike shoes.

19/06/2012 at 20:00

And am so slow that a few mins in a portaloo during the bike leg won't make any odds, am not chasing a Kona slot!

Having six or seven wees on the run at Roth might have added a fair bit to my marathon time though, but again, I just wouldn't fancy the shoe cleaning after, so it's portaloos for me.  

Holly_Golightly    pirate
19/06/2012 at 20:07
I popped my peeing on the bike cherry at IM France and stopped at the supporters to tell everyone, because I was so chuffed.

Can't do it in training, but I couldn't think of anything worse than getting off the bike at 80 or 90 miles to go to the loo, then have to climb back on and try to start again. Audrey a doesn't mind..... I think.

I've needed to on the run but have never managed it. There is still time!
19/06/2012 at 20:13

Confessions of a Mouse....

At Copenhagen last year, I clearly over hydrated once I got off the bike to compensate for hardly drinking whilst on it.  On the run, I went for a big wee (in the portaloo) twice a lap, every lap... apart from the second wee on the last lap where I was just so fed up and wanted to finish I held it for a bit longer and did a wee in the shower lorry at the end.

I'm sorry I'm a bad mouse.

(Everyone else had finished by then anyway.)

Holly_Golightly    pirate
19/06/2012 at 21:02
That's not really a confession. Peeing in the shower is acceptable.

I think in Nice, Mon had just been through T1 as I came through and she admitted after that she had a pee on one of the chairs. I still wonder if the wet chairs sat on was the one Mon had vacated just moments earlier...
19/06/2012 at 21:09
No to bike, yes to run. At IMCH the toilets were so gross it was a choice between weeing on the run or vomiting in the loo.
Hope    pirate
19/06/2012 at 21:12

Lol!

Weeing in portaloos on the run is a horrible experience imho. Having to stop running and then assume a hover position without your legs going into a spasm of cramp... getting back to a standing position is no mean feat either and then having to get those legs going again! Just evil.

Men have it easy!

seren nos    pirate
19/06/2012 at 21:12

mouse I already smell of pee because of the 7 or so pees in the swim........the wetsuit kinda keeps the smell ina bit............

i

Hope    pirate
19/06/2012 at 21:13

Sexy sport tri innit?!

seren nos    pirate
19/06/2012 at 21:14
Hope wrote (see)

Sexy sport tri innit?!

lol

meface    pirate
19/06/2012 at 22:47
  • Swim - yes
  • Bike - yes
  • Run - yes

Although on run it was behind a tree. On 30 and 50 ultras I have pee'd whilst walking to keep average pace up. Steady flow required and a wider spread on walk. But then I am boy not a girl.

meface    pirate
19/06/2012 at 23:06
seren nos wrote (see)
Hope wrote (see)

Sexy sport tri innit?!

lol

pomlob (Pissed on myself laughing on bike)

19/06/2012 at 23:15
Haha. Little bit speechless...is this part of initiation?

I might have to try it (is this the point where you all tell me you are joking?!)
21 to 40 of 81 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.