got the monaco? got the arm warmers?

now get the tat :)

41 to 58 of 58 messages
Golden Boots    pirate
13/10/2011 at 10:44

Eff it.... I'm going to get one now. Probably just something boring, however it has to be done I feel

Any suggestions for tattoo shops in either London or Edinburgh?

13/10/2011 at 14:26
I’m surprised nobody’s yet commissioned a skull and crossbones with an mdot clenched between the teeth©, or similar.

Although I’m not judgmental on the matter, I hold the traditional opinion of tattoos, in that aged 60 (with or without my own teeth DK), I’m unlikely to be able to carry the “art” with the same pomp as my body / mind might have when it was commissioned, therefore they’re not for me BUT an mdot really does convey to those in the know, the greatness of your achievement, one I wouldn’t have issue explaining to the kids / grandkids in the fullness of time.

Once I’ve earned the right to wear one, I’m inclined to have myself branded, although I’m torn between something subtle a few centimeters above / below the ankle bone or slap bang in the middle of the (right?) calf as seems to be the sporting norm in long-distance tri.

I’m interested to know what others have opted for by way of location and design?

Rw
Edited: 13/10/2011 at 14:27
13/10/2011 at 19:21
Vitruvian Man image, right shoulder. Still working towards the full distance.
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
14/10/2011 at 11:37
PRW - I am 62 and my tattoos still look good thank you very much! So does the rest of me.
MTri    pirate
14/10/2011 at 11:57
Had the Mdot on the inside of my right ankle done after Bolton, hidden out of the way most of the time. After Tenby, had the swimmer, biker and runner symbols from the back of the finishers shirt added, and now contemplating incorporating the dragon as well.
Doner Kebab    pirate
14/10/2011 at 12:22

well heres the one im working on for Slag atm

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/606362/Gallery/mdot-drag_03.jpg

14/10/2011 at 12:45

DK, that's awesome .. I like it a lot ... But perhaps not enough to consider entering IM Walesarotte!

Rw

Edited: 14/10/2011 at 13:59
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
14/10/2011 at 15:31
OOOH I like that!
Doner Kebab    pirate
14/10/2011 at 17:01

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/606362/Gallery/BA1.jpg

just for fun

Slagiatt    pirate
14/10/2011 at 17:11

hahahaha ...excellent .   Although i think i still prefer the dragon

Golden Boots    pirate
14/10/2011 at 20:48
DK do you know any good tattoo places in London that could be trusted to do a good job?
Doner Kebab    pirate
14/10/2011 at 22:33
london is a big place - but... frith street, just off oxford street, has had some good artists there - valerie vargus is very nice, camden = evil from the needle but you have to know who is who there, i seen some that im not convinced should be there- just my opinion, you got lal hardys place - new wave for traditional and japanese, diamond jacks, also in soho - been there years, Mo Coppoletta in central london does some nice stuff - depends what you want really, everyone specializes or has favourite niches. my advice for london tattooists is to buy skin deep magazine and look at the pictures, find some work you like and go from there or search their work on google images.
Golden Boots    pirate
14/10/2011 at 22:39

Cool thank you very much.

I think I will just be boring and go for the mdot above my ankle.... possibly with the dot as some kind of resemblence to Wales... bloody dragons on the flag kind of ruins it though

Slagiatt    pirate
20/02/2012 at 12:40

Well i finally got my mdot tat fixed ....   the first effort done by a local shop (that came highly recommended by an Ink coverred friend ).. unfortunately turned out to be a massive dissapointment ,  was ok from a distance but get within a few feet and it looked more like a kids attempt at drawing a dinosaur  giving a thumbs up than it did a dragon .. anyhoo .. after it annoying the crap out of me for months i went and got it sorted ... the mk2 version is muuuuuuch better  

the before .. and after

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/643495/Gallery/before_and_after_1.jpg

20/02/2012 at 15:10
Own up, you did the first one yourself didn't you.............does look a lot better now though.
Iron Pingu    pirate
20/02/2012 at 15:17
Huge difference, the second attempt is fab!  Got me thinking  now ....
The Silent Assassin    pirate
20/02/2012 at 15:39

I must say, I like that, hmmmmmmm already entered IM Wales

Slagiatt    pirate
20/02/2012 at 17:31
Flat Foo.ted wrote (see)
Own up, you did the first one yourself didn't you.............does look a lot better now though.

lol, busted ... and i've got a nice one i did of my bike  on the other leg

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/643495/Gallery/mybike1.JPG

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 58 of 58 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.