16 June - Outlaw warmup?
I’ve just signed up for Great East Swim (Alton Water, Ipswich). 16 June, a fortnight before Outlaw.I took part last year and discovered for the first time that there is some open water where you can see your fingertips (not just the inside of your goggles)!Are there any other forum members / fully fledged Pirates taking part?Rw
I'm signed up for too - 2 mile entry as well. Will be treating it as a gentle warm-up for Outlaw and use it to practice my pace.
Camping for the weekend, so might end up doing the long run over that weekend too - will have squeeze long bike in at some other time.
Uphill .. I've never camped there, however, a chap I work with visits frequently with his caravan. If you check the Alton Water website you'll probably find a number to call to book some space. That said (and I've no doubt you must have checked the weather forecast) the wind is going to be extremely gusty through Friday hitting 25mph on Saturday, so bring some extra tent pegs!!Rw
Got my pack yesterday - just as well, had nearly forgot about this!
Robbie - turns out I'm in the green wave, which starts at 9. I'll pass over my mobile in a PM, but might be easier to meet afterwards rather than before if you're hanging about?
UpHill - I'm camping at a site called Tomcat. Seems to be fairly close from memory (although booked a while back, so can't be certain).
MA - I am in water 8AM and hope to be out before 9AM. Heading for hot shower, coffee and bacon buttie at family home before disappearing off to Oxford on first of two stag do's in coming weekends. Great tapering for Outlaw.Uphill - I'll be the 6 ft 5 fella on the start line with a foot of broken black toes (a sexy look I'm going for this summer).Good luck to you both.Rw
Have a good swim then you 2! And enjoy the stag dos Robbie!
Hopefully this rain dies off and the water heats up a tiny bit, even a degree would make a difference!
Just got an email to say its been postponed to the Sunday now.... due to dodgy weather forecast...
You can get a full refund if you can't make it...
I cant do Sunday either
I havent had a email yet tho, Can we get a refund?
This is disappointing. I swam last week in 20 mph winds, along with 125 other people, neither they nor the kayakers had any issues. Those strong enough to swim two miles should be able to cope and whilst I understand there are a far greater number taking part in the 1/2 and 1 mile swims, it's a shame they couldn't chuck the rest of us out there, as planned.I expect to be somewhere between gentlemen's club and hotel room at 8AM on Sunday so will be seeking a refund...Rw
Visit the official Triathlete's World page
Follow Triathlete's World on Twitter
Other Natmag-Rodale Sites
About Triathlete's World