Great Manchester Cycle

A sportive type race with no cars!!!

7 messages
17/02/2012 at 22:28
Be interested to see how they run the 52 miler - if it's a mass start then it might be interesting because effectively it's a race - but if there's going to be hundreds doing it you'd want to start in the front 50 to avoid the inevitable carnage.

Doing a sportive in Lancs the day before but might be up for this too - but the website is a bit short on details. If it's a staggered start with small groups going off probably give it a miss.
ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
18/02/2012 at 14:03
Promoting this thread above the SpamBot
Big Al The Outlaw    pirate
18/02/2012 at 17:44

Doesnt look like much for the inbetween category. You can either go a short distance (26) slow or the longer 52 miles at a lactic acid building 18 mph+

I know you'd maintain a better speed in a pack through drafting etc but they dont seem to have got this right in my book.

18/02/2012 at 18:08
18mph is a Sunday club run.
18/02/2012 at 19:27

Cut off's This explains it. Finish it in 3h 15 or you're booted over the mancy way by an armed marshall.

Sounds like a giggle. 

19/02/2012 at 15:03

popsider:  I know it does specify on the site that this is for club riders and personally I could complete it in the allocated time but I think the gulf between the two distances is quite vast.

20/02/2012 at 13:29
I need to check my rota in work but it's a potential for me.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.