Half IM as part of IM training

Picking the brains of seasoned IM'ers

21 to 23 of 23 messages
O.rangeCannon (kona-7)    pirate
08/01/2013 at 16:47
Yup as buddah says.... Pool or open water. your choice but thats in april... And will tjerefore be chilli for some....

Have a google for big day training. gordo and friel both suggest it with various different combonations

The idea is this is a close race simulation, with the aim of ensuring you are not going too hard on the bike. if you cant do a 40-60 min run after a bike then you are going too hard on the bike. Bike pacing is key if you are trying to run the marathon. better to find out in training than on race day

If you have not ridden 5 hrs by that point then a big ride will be a better session.
08/01/2013 at 20:53

TR - sounds like you have enjoyed the New Forest experience, I've already seen the YouTube footage and that is one of the reasons I chose this one!

SgtIronLard - I know what you mean about juggling the Fink weeks about, thanks for the tips, sounds like we may meet up at the DIY weekend...

OC - having followed Fink for the last two years (albeit slightly ammended as I have only been HIM distance) I am definately following it again. Am determined to follow the Intermediate plan, so plenty of 5-5.30hr bike rides should be the order of the day.

In all think I might try the DIY weekend (which will be at week 23), then try two of FB's 'big days' in the next few weeks prior to taper. Simply can't wait...

TR
09/01/2013 at 18:30

MustTriHarder - sounds good then, the Tri Talk folks rave about the Forestman, it just doesnt appeal to the piratey folks. I keep away from Iron distance as I'm not prepared to put the long hours in for 100M+ bikes and big training days,  but I should make an exception some time for the FM.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.