Trentham
Weymouth
Belvoir
Steelman (N Yorks)
Pembroke
Ironman 70.3
Wensleydale - not quite a half but tough
10/08/2006 at 11:49
I did Weymouth last year and it was ok. The organisation seemed fine from what I can recall: a sea swim (possibly a bit short), can't remember much about the bike to be honest except there was also a local cycle club time-trialling on a stretch of the route. The run was two laps of Weymouth suburbs. Running in the cold rain past locals, looking aghast, as they waited for the bus was entertaining in its own way but I suspect there are more picturesque routes out there.
10/08/2006 at 21:12
Thanks for the list people a few on there i did not no about. Weymouth is probably the best choice for us as we have a boat that sails straight there. But on the other hand a couple of the guys have done it before and we would like something a bit more scenic. From my point of view i swim in the see all year round so would not mind a lake swim. Would like to find out more about the new forest one, so any info on that would be good, or any more recommendations.
10/08/2006 at 21:15
FB - I think New Forest middle is every year... and next year there going to add a "long"?
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
10/08/2006 at 21:15
and if anyone fancies a German half, we've got two near us, (unfortunately both on the same day) 10 June. smiley lady did Kraichgau this year with us (we got passed by Faris Al-Sultan there) and foggy came to Maxdorf last year (this time the rocket on the bike was Normann Stadler).
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
11/08/2006 at 14:57
we've got 3 spare double bedrooms, except you must not be afraid of or dislike large furry dogs!
11/08/2006 at 15:09
hey jus.

new forest is definitely happening this year, but it's the first time so no-one knows what it's going to be like. bike course looks very scenic. the run course looks tough: all off-road on trails and fire-roads.

i'm doing it as my first middle distance (anyone else up for it?) so can let you know what it's like in about 6 weeks' time.
JPenno    pirate
11/08/2006 at 15:26
I have applied for Ironman 70.3 not yet received confirmation of entry not until June next year so plenty of time to get the biking up hill sorted
11/08/2006 at 18:55
Ironwolf
Three spare double bedrooms you say, very tempting but a bit to far to travel for my first.

New forest sounds like it could be a very good one. The off road run section is especially my kind of thing. Look forward to reading some views on this one when it is finished.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.