half outlaw

221 to 240 of 573 messages
18/04/2013 at 15:00

AliBear - I'm also feeling on track for this one as I'm doing the full but have also done no open water so I'm beginning to get a bit nervous over it

Running Postie    pirate
18/04/2013 at 15:32
I'm quite looking forward to this, also no open water swims yet, too cold!
18/04/2013 at 18:13

Having run Brighton Marathon on Sunday and then coming down with Gastroenteritis 6 hours later, I have been in pieces ever since. Only just feeling human again. In need of a couple of easy weeks and with only 6 weeks to go, I have today withdrawn. I could not see how I would be in any way ready.  

19/04/2013 at 17:04

Dreaming of Magic, what bad luck, hope you had a good run at Brighton though.

I agree with all you others the lack of open water swimming is making me nervous and not sure the cycling has been enough, but will do my best on the day.

Are any of you camping? I need to buy a new tent for this year and get round to booking a pitch.

Another question, is anyone staying over on the Sunday night? I may be travelling on my own and not going to drive home after  finishing, I will be far too tired.

19/04/2013 at 17:24

Steady I'm camping and have booked from Friday to Monday. If the family want to go earlier I will but no way am I up to driving on the Sunday.

Edited: 19/04/2013 at 17:27
19/04/2013 at 18:38

DoM - that is a shame

steady - I am not camping, but I live fairly close. Hopefully I will be capable of driving afterwards I'll be at work on the Monday

19/04/2013 at 19:06

I am not certain of my plans yet, if I can get someone to drive me home, I will go back on Sunday but given that I maybe nearer 9 hours to finish I will not be in a fit state to drive back. Work knows that I may be taking that Monday off.

Running Postie    pirate
19/04/2013 at 21:09
I'm hotelling it due to not being able to register on the morning as it being just a tad too far from home to register on the sat and drive back Sun a.m. I would have camped but my mate won't rough it!
22/04/2013 at 10:46

Well after entering this on the day entries went open, then pulling out because it didn't fit with the rest of my race calendar, I may now be back in doing the Bike leg of a relay team...if the wife says I can

Mr StOat    pirate
23/04/2013 at 00:02

I'm hotelling it too. I'm coming down saturday am for the briefing etc, Mrs Matt can't make it until later. As its only 1 night we'll splash out on the hotel.For teh big one I'd like to be in the middle of the action and happy to camp it up

Feeling MUCH better prepared for this than it's big brother!

23/04/2013 at 08:29

oh I am not feeling well prepared, but if I can get through the bike I can do it. Swim should be ok, I have swum that distance loads of times, just need to have a couple of OW swims to get used to cold water and remember to sight. Can't run, but if I get through the bike on time I can walk the distance in the time allowed. Might be the last to cross the line, but who cares?? Going to have a long bike ride this Sunday  and practice eating and drinking on the bike and a fuelling strategy, as this is what might let me down

24/04/2013 at 13:16
I fell off the bike last week whilst on training camp in Spain but still managed to bike and swim but not run. Seems I have fractured my cheek bone so on rest this week, or a few days at least. I will be getting jittery if I am not back training for this pronto though.
24/04/2013 at 16:43

Ouch Saffers that is hard core, hope it mends quickly for you. I need to get open water swimming sorted then I'll be able to say I'm ready.

24/04/2013 at 20:31
I was hoping to start open water swimming next week but have a open sore from the fall on my leg and not sure I should be getting into duck poo water until it has healed up. That will be a right pain as there isn't long til the big day and I wanted to get a few goes at Thorpe lakes again this year.
27/04/2013 at 18:19

Has anyone got the route I can put onto hubby's garmin edge as I'm planning on doing  a recce soon.  Ta 

27/04/2013 at 22:22

I am hoping to get to Thorpe lake next weekend, but doubt wether I will swim very far on the first visit.

28/04/2013 at 08:30

Steady CJ - are they open.. Lake in Sheperton won't open til water is 12 degrees and it's only 9 at the moment. They're talking mid to end May and I'm getting worried

30/04/2013 at 18:34

race numbers and start times are up on the website, oh god, can I do this???

30/04/2013 at 19:06

mathschick wrote (see)

race numbers and start times are up on the website, oh god, can I do this???

In a word....... nah

30/04/2013 at 19:17

Seriously? There's loads of time yet!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.