half outlaw

341 to 360 of 547 messages
Dustboy    pirate
28/05/2013 at 21:39

No change tent, blimey, for hard nuts only then.

TheEngineer    pirate
28/05/2013 at 21:52

I will be there biking and running!

IronChris68    pirate
28/05/2013 at 22:55

That buggers up my race kit plans, I have no tri shorts and I will need to change after the swim and bike, towel wrapped around me will have to do...!! No way I'm cycling in Tri shorts as my delicate fat arse won't take it!!!!

Mad dash to buy some tri shorts is on the cards

Edited: 28/05/2013 at 23:00
Cortina5    pirate
28/05/2013 at 22:59

Chris, no nudity includes nipples! Even for blokes. BTF rules.

IronChris68    pirate
28/05/2013 at 23:06

I'll have plasters on them!!! So I need a 2 piece tri suit !! The one thing I don't have!! Erm bugger

Mr StOat    pirate
29/05/2013 at 06:00

With the no nippels rule, is that all teh way through or only after T1 - don't loads of people do sprint tri's in just trunks and the then put tops on afterwards?

29/05/2013 at 06:37

looks like the weather is going to be warmer fri and sat and sun which is good for water temp. Don't want it too hot Sun afternoon though, I am not good in the heat

29/05/2013 at 07:01

cake - yeah unfortunately i'm doing this one.. swimming is still just as rubbish or worst...l so I'll be racing for last place on the swim..lol

The Silent Assassin    pirate
29/05/2013 at 08:39

Just trying to work out Saturdays training to allow myself a free day to come and support

29/05/2013 at 09:25

I was also almost going to be naked  

maybe a Tri suit but 56 miles is a long way with no padding 

29/05/2013 at 09:32
7755matt wrote (see)

With the no nippels rule, is that all teh way through or only after T1 - don't loads of people do sprint tri's in just trunks and the then put tops on afterwards?

How about you paint a trisuit on yourself - Halfords should have some spray paint...what could go wrong??

IronChris68    pirate
29/05/2013 at 10:06

Trying to work out if I can do this in a one piece tri suit and be capable of removing it WHEN I need to loo!! the lack of padding for the bike puts me off.

I do not want to buy more sodding kit.

*EDIT* panic over, found some lycra shorts to wear in the swim with flat seams that can go under the bike and run shorts....*flounces off for a lie down*

Edited: 29/05/2013 at 10:33
29/05/2013 at 10:26

Chris 68 .... we have your DIY Half IM T-shirt at our house and a pirate umbrella.

IronChris68    pirate
29/05/2013 at 10:39

Cheers Mrs SA, are you coming over to the Half? If not I will make a trip over to colect them. I will mail Q my mobile number if you are coming over

Anyway, nudity and no nipples, I think this just about covers it....

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/39/Mankini.jpg

29/05/2013 at 11:21

Yep, thinking about coming over to support

29/05/2013 at 12:07

If Chris is going to wear that mankini, he'll definitely need some extra support...

29/05/2013 at 12:24

be worth doing this just to see Chris in his mankini

29/05/2013 at 12:51

I hope it covers his cheeks at the back or is that not considered nudity

Just had a slightly unhelpful reply about taking a plastic box with lid into transition from the organisers who say they will leave it up to me but to do as marshalls tell me.

I'm not sure if I can do 56 miles in my tri shorts but am going to give it a go coz otherwise I need a big towel to change in and I'll probably fall over and break an arm or something. Will have a jacket though. I'm not that tough and I hate being cold

29/05/2013 at 12:56

SS - looks like it will be fairly warm so you probably won't need the jacket. Although I am wondering whether pirate cycling top might be better than monaco. Could do the swim in shorts and bra and then put the top on - so top half relatively dry. I think I'll be fine in tri shorts as I have done most of my long bikes in running tights, so no padding at all there. 

steady - what is your plan for clothing?

was planning on a last OW swim today but the weather is awful and cold, not sure I want to risk getting a chill today so close to the big day, and the last ow swim I did, did leave me feeling confident in the water. 2 swim hats or 1 is another decision - I am presuming we can put another swim hat underneath the one we are given?

29/05/2013 at 13:08

SS, you will be fine, I also have never cycled 56 miles in my tri shorts. Make sure the box is not too big. I now have a proper tranistion bag so I can carry everything in one, not 3 like you get in the full Outlaw race.

MC my plan is now tri shorts and sports bra under wettie (both in matching black), pirate cycle top for bike, possibly take arm warmers as well. Will have my monaco for the run, but may stay in cycle top weather dependant.

I skipped the last OW swim last night, as it took ages to get to the shop to buy the transition bag and the weather was not great. I am still feeling a little run down and peak flow meter for my asthma is a bit lower than normal at 375-380. It should be 400 or above, so I have upped my medication to ge things under control.

I am going to wear my usual thicker silicone hat and put the race one given to us over the top to ensure the head is warm enough.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.