Heart Rate Monitor & Bike Computers

Recomendations please

13 messages
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
19/01/2004 at 21:26
Yes it me again with another question.

1) I need a good HRM/Watch pretty goos one I guess so I can record lap times, store heart rate during workouts / events, maybe one that has a pace function to. I would use the watch for Swim, Bike & Run so multiple functions for each event woulf be useful - any recomendations guess its gonna cost arounf £150?

2) Need a good bike computer e.g. Shimano Flight deck, again I want all the bells and whistles, Cadence, lap times, average speed etc etc.

Lastly is there two of these gadgets that are by the same manufacturer so I can link the data or is there something all in one?

Oh and I didnt mention it before but I want to be able to download data to my PC.
WildWill    pirate
19/01/2004 at 22:35
combine the 2 with a polar 720 with bike kit
19/01/2004 at 23:16
That looks like a toy ive just gotta have. Now just to justify the cost...

I WANT ONE.

cougie    pirate
20/01/2004 at 01:47
Cateye cordless for the bike computer. Doesn't do cadence, but that's not really a problem. Don't get Flightdeck, it will break, and batteries never last.

Polar look good. But if they get too conplicated - they can be hard to work out.
20/01/2004 at 12:36
Yea I may just go for a simple bike computer to start, I thought Cadence might be useful though as id like to try and keep to a constant cadence and adjust my gears as necessary. Not sure if thats a thing I need to do but was a thought I had.
cougie    pirate
20/01/2004 at 12:59
Could be wrong, but I think you'll need cables to get cadence on a computer. My old one was like that. And it just looks messy.

Use the clock - count your revs for 15 secs and multiply by 4. Easy !
20/01/2004 at 13:03
i'd use the clock, cadence meters are more trouble than they or worse
20/01/2004 at 13:03
worth
WildWill    pirate
20/01/2004 at 14:22
just to disagree with andy - i like cadence meters

Cadence against heart rate is a good way to train
20/01/2004 at 19:32
My flightdeck is great......
20/01/2004 at 19:49
I got a wireless one from M & S in the January sales only £9
cougie    pirate
20/01/2004 at 19:57
My flightdeck stopped doing my gears after a few months, and the batteries ran out in less than a year. I love Cateye - but preferred the design of the old Wireless one against the new one.
27/01/2004 at 10:46
Bought a Cateyewireless bike computer for £29.99, seems pretty good and all that I need for the time being.

I'll carry on perceviering with my cheapo Cardio Sport watch (need a new battery) as a HRM.

Going to probably treat myself to the Polar 720 at the start of next winters base training.

Thanks for the help and advice.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
13 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.