Heart Rate Monitors

11 messages
LSD
30/10/2003 at 13:04
I'm looking to buy a new Heart Monitor. Does anyone have any particular one they would be happy to recommend? I've been using a Sports Instruments Circuit 3 for the last couple of seasons. It doesn't have an average HR function which i would like. Also, my resting HR drops down to around 34 when i'm race fit and the Circuit 3 doesn't read below 40, so it was never any good for taking my RHR.

Thanks all

LSD
WildWill    pirate
30/10/2003 at 13:10
Good models out there include

Polar 610 and 710
Cardiosport Ultra

All packed with feature

It all comes down to personal taste
30/10/2003 at 13:41
I would look to have one that has a fully featured chronograph with lap times and intervals as well.

Save you having to have a stop watch as well.

WildWill    pirate
30/10/2003 at 13:42
The cardisport i have includes those features as does the higher range polar watches i believe
30/10/2003 at 13:53
polar 610i on ebay just now... btw...

(gawd, am I sounding like Daz now..?)
30/10/2003 at 13:56
where is daz?
30/10/2003 at 14:34
Timex ironman HRM has been pretty good. Has all the lovely timex stopwatch functions and doesn't go overboard on the HRM functions. Is abit pricey but I got mine for £70 so thats ok.
31/10/2003 at 11:42
I have started using a polar s610i and it is by far the best HRM I have used. In the past I have had 1 Cardiosport 1 other polar and most recently a Suunto - but the polar s610i knocks spots off all of them. However, it is full of functions that if you were only looking for a basic model with chrono/ave HR/etc - it might be a bit over the top. It retails at something like £175 but off the internet it is available for around £150. You will also need an infrared reader (unless your pc has one built in) to make make best use of it and this costs an additional £25.
01/11/2003 at 10:08
Ok so the s610i looks a good option.

How do I decide on the

Polar Serial (COM) IR Port
or
Polar USB IR Port

I have windows98

01/11/2003 at 11:49
Loads of info can be found at www.heartratemonitor.co.uk. If you decide to buy from them give them a ring a they will advise accordingly. I bought my s610i from them after picking their brains. I could have got the monitor for about £5 cheaper elsewhere on the internet, but the advice I got was worth the extra. My IR port is USB - and I am on Windows XP - I am far from a computer buff, so beyond that I cannot help.
01/11/2003 at 12:01
Big Angry Friend has a new toy from Oregon Scientific which he seems to like.

one that buzzes in an excited sort of way if you overdo it

Caspar - last I heard, Daz was ill. :o(

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
11 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.