Help For Heroes Bikes Stolen

15 messages
kittenkat    pirate
16/06/2014 at 17:53

Hey guys, if you're on FB, could you share their status about the stolen bikes. We're spread across the country between us so it would be a good shout:

https://www.facebook.com/HelpforHeroesOfficial

16/06/2014 at 18:28

Done....sad thing is this seems to be happening more and more at Tri's and sportive's. Thieving scum have obviously clued up to the fact there is some serious money in bikes at these things.

Bizarely...i noticed that it had been added to one of the things that is covered by my bike insurance this year IF my bike is nicked from transition......but wouldn't cover if nicked from a tent next the race.

kittenkat    pirate
16/06/2014 at 18:57
Flat Footed wrote (see)

Done....sad thing is this seems to be happening more and more at Tri's and sportive's. Thieving scum have obviously clued up to the fact there is some serious money in bikes at these things.

Bizarely...i noticed that it had been added to one of the things that is covered by my bike insurance this year IF my bike is nicked from transition......but wouldn't cover if nicked from a tent next the race.

I think what gets me is that if you are in a triathlon or running 'community environment', be it a campsite or whatever. There is an unwritten rule that it is a friendly, trusting and supportive place. These thieves know that, and it would be such a shame if we all have to look over our shoulder in such situations.

16/06/2014 at 18:57

Feckin Scrotes, sad to say my bikes now stay in the boot covered over until its time to take em to transition if they catch these twats hopefully they will be shown the error of their ways by some off duty squaddies

kittenkat    pirate
16/06/2014 at 19:03

I could kick them in the nuts max, I bet I have a better right hook than our World Cup team *fightingtalk*

MTri    pirate
16/06/2014 at 19:17
Find them, then let Team True Spirit administer their own justice
kittenkat    pirate
16/06/2014 at 19:27

It would be really funny if some fat old bastards bought them down the pub on a Friday night.

Oh wait...

16/06/2014 at 19:27

TBH in reality in my experience .most service people are to disciplined and decent to bd bothered with the scrotes and would just let the law tske care of em

Magna Carter    pirate
16/06/2014 at 19:32

Yep, but they'd probably enjoy 'restraining' them while the law arrived....

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
16/06/2014 at 22:35

I was at this event yesterday, everyone was totally disgusted when they found out.  Please share this far and wide, these scumbags need to be found, brought to justice, named and shamed.

16/06/2014 at 22:39
Bloody cockwombles! Makes my blood boil the thought of people thinking they have a right to help themselves to other people's hard earned property!
Dustboy    pirate
16/06/2014 at 23:13

Would the "C" word be appropriate? In the plural, of course.

16/06/2014 at 23:28

I was at this event yesterday too and it took the shine off what was a great day. Oh and shared on FB, lets hope they catch the thieving gobshites.

19/06/2014 at 07:39

Unfortunately if we retrain them we loose all that hard earned public support and look like thugs.  It's a shame things were stolen but it is no worse than any other hard earned stuff that supports valid charities being nicked, some people just have low morals and a very loose concept of ownership.  Who knows maybe they will fall off and hurt themselves!!!

19/06/2014 at 21:55

My bike stays in the car, covered and chained up until I take it to transition - but I wonder how secure transition really is? Most events I've done have been spot on, but the worst was at RAF Halton Sprint triathlon in May, where you think security would be a given - The transition area at the end of the race was a free for all. Everyone was allowed in and no checks were made when taking my bike out. 

Edited: 19/06/2014 at 21:57

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
15 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.