Helvellyn tri

Bit bumpy apparently

21 to 31 of 31 messages
02/08/2007 at 16:39
BTB - I'm up near wakefield, but I've ridden through the Goyt Valley on the Spud Riley and doing it again in a few weeks time.

TH2 - I'll have to see if I can catch another repeat of that program.
26/08/2007 at 21:48
On line entry is now open for 50 entrants, go on you know you want to 
09/09/2007 at 20:58

Well - for all of you who had a lok at this and thought 'nah' - BAD DECISION

This is a heck of a race - hard enough to hurt but do-able enough to come back next year to shave a few minutes off. Nice swim, tough bike, loved the struggle and managed to take 50 scalps on the struggle, insanely difficult 'run' section, but at least the downhill was runnable. A real must-do if you can possibly get there.

Nice to meet Pebble as well.

09/09/2007 at 21:30

HI Bendy nice to meet you as well, this race is fantastic. Its one of those races you have to do at least once. That final climb, yes climb up to the summit, I felt like Sly Stallone in Cliffhanger when the rocks were tumbling towards me and guys above were shouting "look out below" words cannot describe the rush I felt looking down absolutely fecking awesome.

Even the swim was hard, the water was 120

09/09/2007 at 21:32
12 degrees that should read,  finishing the swim, my feet and hans were numb. Soon warmed up tho on the climbs. I've got blisters on my heels from running the downhills, its was harder than going up.
11/09/2007 at 19:56
Bendy photos are up. Me
11/09/2007 at 20:07

Thanks Pebble - I've found me and remembered that I ran the whole of helvellyn with extra cycling shorts over my tri suit - D'oh!

The link he gives to the cycling pics at the top of kirkstone pass look great - I hope he got one of me or no-one will believe I did it.

Jeez - my quads still ache. I just found out I got the 68th fastest run split - my be why I couldn't get down the bliddy stairs this morning.

12/09/2007 at 10:04

BTB/ Pebble - No photos of me yet as I was a lot slower than you. Pebble you were stood on the corner as i came into the finish, I didn't see anyone else in pirate Kit. 

I'm still struggling going down the stairs today! But it's worth it as I really enjoyed the day and learnt a lot. I aimed for 5 hours and did it in 5.03 so mission accomplished.

BTB, well done on the run split. I just couldn't get my legs going on the climb.

12/09/2007 at 11:40
Yep, me too. My legs feel as if they have been pummelled with a baseball bat, very sore to even touch let alone try to run. Wish I'd worn my proper fell shoes as I lost 34 places on the run, most of them on the descent, plus on the descent is where I collected my blisters
12/09/2007 at 11:48

You fast chaps would have missed all the fun on Kirkstone road with the camper van and the burst radiator - steam everywhere! The smell of burning clutches was also very strong on the struggle.

13/09/2007 at 09:24
The bike route, I dont know if anyone mentioned had some small hills to climb, this being one

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.