Hever Castle Gauntlet and training plan

11 messages
16/02/2014 at 22:30

I'm going to get a middle distance in before the end of the year, I was thinking of the Hever Gauntlet, has anyone done it, any opinions of it? Are there any other end of season ones that are worth lookihg at as well?

On the way to this I've got a half marathon in March and an Olympic distance in July, can anyone recommend a good beginners training plan to follow?

Thanks

Edited: 16/02/2014 at 22:59
17/02/2014 at 02:16
Hi muzza I am doing the Brutal Half which is in llanberis in September nice area but depends whether you like hills or not.In answer to your other question Don Fink has a book available Iron Fit Secrets for the half iron distance which I am using looks simple enough to follow three different plans and I am hoping it will set me up to follow the Be Ironfit book to go long in 2015
M...eldy    pirate
17/02/2014 at 07:03

www.beginnertriathlete.com has been tried and tested and there are free downloads

Hever is unlikely to be flat, some good hills round that way!

17/02/2014 at 07:54

You could do the Wild Boar guaranteed Piratey presence

17/02/2014 at 09:26

Tri Wire, Brutal half looks well....Brutal, jesus running up Snowdon, although it is in some sadistic way rather appealing.

Wild Boar looks good but it's at the beginning of September and I think I need those few extra weeks.

Hever logistically is nice and easy for me as i'm in Essex. I'll check out the Donk Fink books, I've come across the website mentioned before, do you guys go for the payment options or just the free bees?

M...eldy    pirate
17/02/2014 at 09:30

I've done both ... the free downloads are good enough for what you need and supplement with the help you can get in here

17/02/2014 at 20:59

I'm going to do up to wk11 of the Olympic Plan,

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/training-plans-view.asp?planid=24&memberlevel=1

then switch to the 1/2 IM plan with the Olympic tri at week 10 and then complete the program for the 1/2 IM 

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/training-plans-view.asp?planid=16&memberlevel=1#

Sound like a plan?

M...eldy    pirate
17/02/2014 at 21:10

The other option is at an appropriate time to start the 1/2IM plan is to repeat a few weeks until the weeks catch up with you if that makes sense

Dont start plans months and months in advance or you will get bored of them and lose motivation

17/02/2014 at 22:12
So...... Just do the 1/2 IM plan but say repeat the first couple of weeks until I'm 20 weeks from the 1/2 IM, do the first 10 and do the Olympic Tri, or have I misunderstood?
18/02/2014 at 12:10

There's a 12 week Olympic to 1/2 Ironman bridge training plan that fits in perfectly, i'll have to pay $55 though as it's silver membership

19/02/2014 at 18:06

Tri wire wrote (see)
Hi muzza I am doing the Brutal Half which is in llanberis in September nice area but depends whether you like hills or not.In answer to your other question Don Fink has a book available Iron Fit Secrets for the half iron distance which I am using looks simple enough to follow three different plans and I am hoping it will set me up to follow the Be Ironfit book to go long in 2015

+1

Edited: 19/02/2014 at 18:08

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
11 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.