HIMUK or IMUK what's it to be

21 to 40 of 46 messages
14/10/2003 at 14:37
Ironbloke, that's a really good point re:road closure, that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet(?). The locals weren't too please at Llanberis (understatement!) and Sherborne with road closures. An 8hour+ closure would be seen as really taking the michael!

Would you do a IMUK?

Despite a keyboard-happy finger I have managed to hold back from entering any 04 races (apart from london tri). Although not even sure I'll do a full yet. I love sprints too much.
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
14/10/2003 at 16:06
I've slipped on the keyboard again Daz and entered Paris marathon over the weekend.
14/10/2003 at 16:09
Bad wolf!
I've set my computer up so it shuts down automatically as soon as a certain 6 digit combination is entered (the first 6 digits of my bank account).

will join you there, in dec prob :O)
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
14/10/2003 at 21:17
ooh yes! I'll look forward to it.
15/10/2003 at 12:12
Niiice! :O>

Only just noticed the pre-registration at http://www.ironmanuk.com/. I know someone mentioned it before. Come on - gis a full distance!
17/10/2003 at 09:32
Have you really started entering 04 races already?
Perhaps I better pull my finger out. I was too late to enter Milton Keynes (olympic distance tri) last year and I really want to give it a go next year. Haven't done London for the last 2 years, does it fill quickly?
I seem to remember entering Sherborne around Christmas time last year so I guess it will be the same again. I will definately enter if it's a full distance. What's the betting on the first £150 tri entry fee?
17/10/2003 at 17:17
ive personally just entered london cos the tt gang got me all excited and confused, ha. Nah it's a brilliant event, loved it this year - swim is a laugh (if you're a masochist), bike is like a roller-coaster ride and run....well is quite painful I guess. But very spectator friendly. Best get in as early as poss......although reckon you've got til at leats a few months into the new year.

It'll be damn expensive for a IMUK wont it! :O(
18/10/2003 at 10:09
I haven't decided on London. Maybe you can help me make up my mind. I loved it last year but I am doing my first full distance a month before the race this year. How will I feel afterwards. Do you think I can still run London that soon afterwards?

19/10/2003 at 17:28
Ann, go for it!!! 4 weeks should be plenty of time to recover and do a little build-up works a week or two before the race. You may not be at a peak, but you'll be in good form.
:O)
19/10/2003 at 18:50
Looks like it's going full

http://www.extremetri.com/article.asp?id=1050
19/10/2003 at 19:08
Hmmmmm, great to hear that kind of talk, but not official yet. Lets hope so!
20/10/2003 at 11:38
Fingers crossed, and chequebook ready!
20/10/2003 at 11:56
Its gonna go full no question, and whether you like official Ironman events or not, it will be the event to be at next year.
20/10/2003 at 11:57
Yeh!
btw, still no word on tv coverage of the last one (?), goddamit!
they promised something last year, but dont believe they delivered
20/10/2003 at 12:30
As long as they didn't get you on TV pulling my shirt back as you overtook me you should be alright Daz!
20/10/2003 at 12:33
hehehe
rich (be honest), if you'd known i was approaching in last 400m, would you have increased pace? :O)

so you def on for full next year?
nice one mate, see you there!
20/10/2003 at 12:37
Oh dear,

looks like people are going to have to decide between LD and IMUK! Tough decision.
20/10/2003 at 12:42
Impossible to say Daz. I definitely didn't have a sprint finish in me that was for sure, but if I had had the information a mile from the end that you were closing who knows? I doubt it though, you got me fair and square.

Never happen again though ;-)

Just to clarify, its 'going full distance no question' is my opinion. Still no official news, but I'll be amazed if Britain doesn't get an official event this year.
20/10/2003 at 12:47
Heh, I'm going to train especially hard this winter to try and make sure that doesn't happen! :O)

Yes I think so too. The last 3 years have been a nice build-up. I really do hope they don't go overboard on the cost though.

Another thing is road closures - can't see the local folk being too happy at a (more or less) full day closure!
bri
20/10/2003 at 13:23
So the general vibe is it's gonna be a full IM. Oh well, I don't think I'll be there, not racing anyway. I've promised myself that I cann't do a full IM until I finish my degree. One maybe two more years to go. I'm using it as the incentive to get the courses over and done with.

So anyone know of any good half IM's then.
21 to 40 of 46 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.