K9
08/10/2009 at 20:08
lurking too
K9
08/10/2009 at 20:09

less than 9 months left now though

Lee the Pea    pirate
08/10/2009 at 20:53
I can happily assure everyone that I will NOT be doing an IM in 2010. Definitely not....

*throws life raft to the others.....*
08/10/2009 at 20:59
Lee the Pea wrote (see)
I can happily assure everyone that I will NOT be doing an IM in 2010. Definitely not.... *throws life raft to the others.....*

That's ok.  Most of the IM's for 2010 are already sold out.

After doing Bala next you'll be well on your way to Ironman.  You'll probably have a better endurance base and more tri experience than many who posted their tales on this thread.

You may have thrown the life raft but you're still in the middle of an ocean filled with Pirates.....

Lee the Pea    pirate
08/10/2009 at 21:31
Hmm, didn't think of that..... *fishes about in the boat for a harpoon*

Just kidding!

I think the IM is inevitable one day, but right now the half IM is challenge enough for me!
26/10/2009 at 20:38
Bump
Lee the Pea    pirate
26/10/2009 at 21:01
OOh Little N, what you doing trying to remind us about all this IM malarky? *reaches for harpoon again...*

;-)
purpletrilady    pirate
07/01/2010 at 07:43
Boing - for the newbies
Suffolk Punch    pirate
07/01/2010 at 09:19

IM New Zealand still has slots, come and join us... and you only have 8 weeks to wait!

Bedders..    pirate
07/01/2010 at 13:14
ohhh I love this thread!!
Aitch!    pirate
27/03/2010 at 18:20
I like this thread
27/03/2010 at 18:25
I'm not sure if I should even go back and read through this thread...........you lot will have me on the list for Regensburg before I know it.
Aitch!    pirate
27/03/2010 at 18:33
Considering doing full next year KK and this thread is assuring me that it can be done and that I would be starting ahead of most folk It's only the business of teaching that's giving me the doubts. I am going to see how marathon and half IM training goes after Easter til Summer and if I can fit all in I will be a yes to the pirate outing next year
27/03/2010 at 18:47
candy ollier wrote (see)

i'd guesstimate that once you got above 55ish, you'd need to be pretty fit and naturally talented to do it in one year.

somebody with a few years running background (not necessarily marathons, just running) should be able to do it in a year (which is what you have) until well into their early 50s.

Well, I'll be 53 next year so as I'm neither "pretty fit" nor "naturally talented" I can't afford to wait any longer as its not going to get easier.  I just hope that slow plodding round a marathon in 5hrs 30mins counts as a few years running background!   I think I might be the slowest runner on the how bad were you scale!

So....IM 2011 here I come!

27/03/2010 at 21:00

I was enjoying the thread til I saw Candy's post about his pre-IM abilities and then felt I wanted to cry!

Well 4 and a bit months to Outlaw and this week I have done my first swim and first bike ride outdoors.... waaaaay ahead of the curve!

27/03/2010 at 22:02
oops
I've not been around here for too long either, but I take every thing candy says with a bag of salt......
27/03/2010 at 22:36

Well I've been sitting here feeling a bit despondent at the task ahead of me for IMUk. Just 2 and a half hours of cycling today left me so hungry that I can't even begin to contemplate how I'll cope with 7 and half hours of cycling..

This thread has given me a spark of hope again..... If you all managed to get there somehow then maybe it is possible

I was the one who got hypothermia in the swim leg of the London Oly Tri last year....seriously!  Couldn't swim properly due to cramp and was so long in the water that I ended up being whisked off to medical tent to be warmed up!  ( although I did manage to finish the whole event in the end....with probably the longest T1 in history ).

Cheerful Dave    pirate
27/03/2010 at 22:43

You'll be fine.  You'll be eating all the way through the bike (well, not non-stop, but you know what I mean).  7.5 hours will fly by...

And having got the medical emergency out of the way at London, what could possibly go wrong at IMUK?

27/03/2010 at 22:47
ladyfe wrote (see)

I was the one who got hypothermia in the swim leg of the London Oly Tri last year....seriously!  Couldn't swim properly due to cramp and was so long in the water that I ended up being whisked off to medical tent to be warmed up!  ( although I did manage to finish the whole event in the end....with probably the longest T1 in history ).

I think thats a story that you might want to add here: longest transitions 
27/03/2010 at 22:53
SD - I'm too ashamed!  ......but I will! .( just need to check my actual time...)
161 to 180 of 262 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.