How many calories burned per mile of swimming?

21 to 25 of 25 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
04/11/2012 at 12:57

talking of swimming wording ... is a stroke per arm or per two arms so left right is 1 stroke? If I count every right arm entry I do 16 which given I am slooooooooow seems very low to say I do 16 strokes per length (but that's what my 910 says I do!)

04/11/2012 at 15:11

EP stroke rate is counted as every right arm, so 16 for 25m doing front crawl seems OK, my average is 13 or 14, but on a really good day I can do 12. Try keeping the outstretched arm/hand out in front, in the water for a second before starting to bring the hand and arm through the water, that makes the difference for me. I keep hearing about gliding and think streamlined.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
04/11/2012 at 16:12

cool thanks

Doner Kebab    pirate
04/11/2012 at 16:25
Comparing Stroke rate means absolutely nothing, look at your efficiency and stroke rate combined. If you have a bad pull technique and still do the same stroke rate as another person you won't be as fast , which I'm sure u know, but the efficiency will be lower. My 910 counts me at 12-13-14, my mate is 16+ , he's a short arse but we are both same speed ish
04/11/2012 at 18:32
I've never counted my strokes. Trying to keep count of lengths is taxing enough for me! I'll be keeping my eye out for 910 bargains in the post-Exmas sales though. Really fancy a gadget that would count both for me.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.