How to film my ride

What camcorder for my helmet?

6 messages
26/05/2012 at 17:07

I'm considering one of these helmet-mounted camcorders for filming when riding. Not for high jinks but safety when just riding around town.

Had a moron driver yelling abuse at me yesterday for riding a door's width off parked cars instead of, I suppose, in the kerb. Not only that but he chased me through back streets and even got out of his car to have a pop at me. I only escaped by going down a road that was closed to vehicles by bollards.

Seeking recommendations, and also what key words to search for on Amazon for reviews. At present I know nothing.

Ta muchly in advance.

26/05/2012 at 17:46

I can recommend GoPro - there's lots of different ones on Amazon and they are sturdy and have great picture/sound quality. My husband takes his when snowboarding and we've also been river rafting with it.

We have this one: http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-helmet-hero-camera/ but since we got ours they've brought out others.

I've just checked amazon and they even have a bike mount available so you wouldnt need to put it on your helmet (like we normally do).

cougie    pirate
26/05/2012 at 17:48
If you check YouTube there are lots of cyclists doing this.

If they don't say what they're using - there are ideas here.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40052&t=12853744&p=17622044&hilit=Camera#p17622044
26/05/2012 at 19:50

Thank you chaps.

These things aren't cheap though, are they?

26/05/2012 at 20:21

Not really.... but worth it if you're using it a lot. When we've had an issue with the camera - customer service has been great

27/05/2012 at 17:17
I've got a friend who uses gopro for skiing and paragliding and the footage is awesome

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.