I go the Turbo Trainer... So what next?

What should I buy to help me get on the turbo?

41 to 48 of 48 messages
meface    pirate
13/10/2012 at 23:54
Bright White Trainers wrote (see)

- just how does one stop getting frighten going fast down them?

Simples - slow down. If you are going fast for any given corner and on the limit then it is still frightening. If not go faster. Probably gets less panicky but that is all.

14/10/2012 at 00:00

Well I bought two and don't use them so for me no - but the guy I gave them to does use them so maybe just buy one and see what you think ?    They play on your PC so you'll need some loud speakers if you want to hear the music over your turbo - and they work on doing periods of time at effort levels 1-10 - so either you are happy just guessing how hard a 7 is and how hard a 9 is etc or else you need to work it out to power or speed and work to that.    

I just didn't see the advantage of that over doing a set of fixed intervals, 2*20 , 5*4,   minute on minute off etc and listening to my own music on an ipod.   They are only as hard as you make them - people that are doing several back to back must be doing them at such a low intensity that it doesn't seem worthwhile from a training perspective.      

edit - x-post -  must learn to type less 

Edited: 14/10/2012 at 00:01
The Evil Pixie    pirate
14/10/2012 at 09:40

hmm interesting popsider

I'm doing outlaw next year and need to improve my bike as I'm slow and don't want t be chasing cut off times (it will be tight!)

IronCat5    pirate
14/10/2012 at 09:42

If you don't want to go down the route of Sufferfest, try Chrissie Wellington's AudioFuel workouts (see their website). No video, only soundtrack. She tells you what cadence to be in, and when to do it. Music is at correct cadence so it's simple.

And like SF you can either hammer it or do an easy session. Got me through a winter and many hotel bike sessions for the Outlaw.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
14/10/2012 at 12:56

oh now that sounds good thanks!!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
14/10/2012 at 14:42

Have gone with Chrissy! Easier than sorting out something to view the vids on and she is an IM God!!

BWT
14/10/2012 at 15:46

Does it get boring doing the same DVD/MP3 list each time?

The Evil Pixie    pirate
14/10/2012 at 15:58

that's why I bought the full set BWT! Less chance of that happening then I thought the video may get boring as well as cause issues with watching it.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 48 of 48 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.