Ibbo's Cake Quest Sportive

25 September 2011

21 to 28 of 28 messages
23/09/2011 at 17:33
9am start sounds good to me.  I'll aim to get there for 8.15 so I can faff.  Looking forward to this.
24/09/2011 at 19:34

Plea for help!  I went to Halfords for some inner tubes after using my last one yesterday and they were shut.  Tesco didn't have any.  I'm hoping there's a stall at the HQ in the morning but if anyone has a spare they could lend/sell me in case of emergency I'd be mighty grateful.  Ta.

If this weather keeps up for tomorrow it will be a good one.

24/09/2011 at 21:01
Have fun guys and gals
Trogs    pirate
24/09/2011 at 21:06

Soupy, I'm pretty sure I've got a spare spare floating around somewhere - assuming you've got a fairly standard sized wheel.  

Happychap - I'm sure we will. You too; easy does it and watch out for irate caravanners

24/09/2011 at 22:41
Sorry kids, going to give this a miss, just too tired and want a lie in! Will be out and about on the bike later in the morning so will keep an eye out for y'all!

Play nicely and dont leave anyone behind, now!
24/09/2011 at 23:12

Gladys, you slacker!!

Trogs - thanks.  Hopefully I won't need it and/or there will be a stall.  Had a few flats of late and think I need new tyres.  See ya tomorrow.

Edited: 24/09/2011 at 23:15
Trogs    pirate
25/09/2011 at 14:53

Enjoyed that a lot, thanks for your company Soupy.

Jaffa route may well become a regular training route for me - 45miles if I start it from home.  Might even try the carrot cake route at some stage as well for a slightly longer one.

The cakes provided (for a donation) at the end were exceptional

25/09/2011 at 15:01

How fab was that?   Thanks to Trogs for the inner tube (needed before I even started), the company and spotting the direction signs that I missed.  I'll be doing the route again without doubt. Perfect, fast first half and lumpy second half but all the ups (and downs) were manageable.  Result.

Now where do I start with the cakes.................................? Words cannot do them justice.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.