IM 16 - 17 hours club

A place for us slower people to foster some mutual support and self belief

581 to 600 of 657 messages
15/04/2012 at 17:35
Priorities Siggy priorities. 
15/04/2012 at 17:52
thanks Madge. I was wondering how he was getting on. Quite well by the sounds of it.
15/04/2012 at 18:25

Still waiting to hear...

I've texted him to tell him all about the roast dinner he's missing just to help him along

15/04/2012 at 23:42
Thank you!!
I *don't* recommend cold baths after long days in the saddle!!! Someone blow up the beach ring please!!
Dustboy    pirate
16/04/2012 at 00:09
Here Madge, sling a decent chilli down his neck, wait for the "squealing like a stuck pig" in the morning!

16/04/2012 at 08:21

Well done Siggy. The Prince meets the Mayor eh?

bburn plO.dder    pirate
16/04/2012 at 10:01

Wow, well done on that ride.

Also on a positive note..... but not quite so impressive, I had a proper bike fit last week, which was great. He changed loads, well just about everything actually. And as soon as I "fessed up" that I was training for Outlaw, he persuaded me to put some clip on tribars on my road bike.

I managed to have a bit of a go with the bars at the weekend, and hurray, I didn't fall off. I was surprised how stable I actually felt, not too wobbly at all.

16/04/2012 at 10:07

Thats a big positiive bburn. I loved my bike fit - it made a big difference. Well done. I'm still getting used to tri bars. Not used them for the last few weeks so thanks for reminding me to get back on them again.

16/04/2012 at 10:16
Arse is the only really sore bit today! I can't believe how good USN Recovery drink is!
bburn plO.dder    pirate
16/04/2012 at 10:16

I loved it too.  The whole thing just feels right now, did a 3hr ride with no issues at all, and I was a tad faster than usual.

My OH says I look like I'm in a much better position on the bike, not quite sure what he means, perhaps I looked really wonky before

Iron Muffin    pirate
16/04/2012 at 15:58

+1 on the tri bars.

Put mine on reluctantly at the weekend and really chuffed. Don't want to tempt fate but seemed to get the hang of them and even attempted a couple of gentle corners. They do put more pressure through my less padded lady areas...... need to toughen up.

bburn plO.dder    pirate
17/04/2012 at 09:53
+1 on the lady areas , even with my Adamo saddle
Iron Muffin    pirate
17/04/2012 at 12:53

Are Adamo the 2 pronged looking saddles?

I have a TT saddle with a softer 'nose', not as soft as I would like though!

Cortina5    pirate
17/04/2012 at 13:26
Still pondering an Adamo. Will probably stick with the Arione Tri2 I have.
bburn plO.dder    pirate
17/04/2012 at 13:45

Yeah, the Adamo is the 2 pronged looking saddle. 

It's a million times better than the saddle that came with my bike, and the cut out bit at the front has solved the "problem" I was having, but I still get a numb bum on longer rides 

Iron Muffin    pirate
17/04/2012 at 14:02

My LBS has some Adamo's avaliable for trial. Cat, it is Eureka near Chester if you are ever passing or maybe somewhere near you would let you borrow one for a spin.  

I am worried that if I try I will end up buying and my new bike already went over budget.

13/05/2012 at 21:32

where has everyone gone?

have you all trained so hard you are now in with proper ironmen (and women) or have we all just got injured, fed up, wibbled too much .....

anyway training has been a bit sporadic due to work and family stuff, definately still chasing cut offs and struggling a bit on the swim side.

weather has been pretty rubbish for training so most of the bike is still on the turbo, but have a great test next week with my first ever 100mile ride planned - The Castle 100 around kent - i guess after that I will truly know whether I am going to make the Outlaw startline.

Good luck everyone and keep well.

bburn plO.dder    pirate
13/05/2012 at 21:58
HeyTJ, thanks for posting ! Thought this thread had
disappeared! Training is ok, but not going quite to plan. Swimming is improving slowly, but I'm still worried about the cut, I haven't run for two weeks cos I twisted my ankle. The swellings nearly gone, so I may risk a short run this week, I'm doing the DIY HIM that Silent Assasin has organised next weekend, so hopefully I can start running again soon.

I have a different wibble everyday!!! Today's is the bike. I did a 37 mile local sportive today. Admittedly it was very
hilly, but flipping heck I was tired out after just 37 miles!!!!!

Good luck with your 100 miler, I've booked a day off work in about 2 weeks time, I'm planning to do a 100 miles that day, argghhhh !!!
MovingAlong    pirate
14/05/2012 at 12:03

Hi TJ and BB.

I'm still here! Like you 2 I'm having constant wibbles. Last 2 weeks have been a bit disruptive in the old training stakes due to work/life and illness (just a cold that I couldn't shake).

Still - got tomorrow off for the long ride I missed yesterday.

Swimming feels like its gone backwards since OW swimming started. Considering treating myself to a new, better quality wetsuit to see how much difference it would make. Also need to buy some trainers this month to break in in time for the marathon - my current ones are probably going to be a bit too close to dying for me to risk it.

BB - see you this weekend

Dustboy    pirate
14/05/2012 at 17:06

People are swimming OW? Blooming heck that's dedicated.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.