IM 16 - 17 hours club

A place for us slower people to foster some mutual support and self belief

581 to 600 of 648 messages
16/04/2012 at 10:07

Thats a big positiive bburn. I loved my bike fit - it made a big difference. Well done. I'm still getting used to tri bars. Not used them for the last few weeks so thanks for reminding me to get back on them again.

16/04/2012 at 10:16
Arse is the only really sore bit today! I can't believe how good USN Recovery drink is!
bburn plO.dder    pirate
16/04/2012 at 10:16

I loved it too.  The whole thing just feels right now, did a 3hr ride with no issues at all, and I was a tad faster than usual.

My OH says I look like I'm in a much better position on the bike, not quite sure what he means, perhaps I looked really wonky before

Iron Muffin    pirate
16/04/2012 at 15:58

+1 on the tri bars.

Put mine on reluctantly at the weekend and really chuffed. Don't want to tempt fate but seemed to get the hang of them and even attempted a couple of gentle corners. They do put more pressure through my less padded lady areas...... need to toughen up.

bburn plO.dder    pirate
17/04/2012 at 09:53
+1 on the lady areas , even with my Adamo saddle
Iron Muffin    pirate
17/04/2012 at 12:53

Are Adamo the 2 pronged looking saddles?

I have a TT saddle with a softer 'nose', not as soft as I would like though!

IronCat5    pirate
17/04/2012 at 13:26
Still pondering an Adamo. Will probably stick with the Arione Tri2 I have.
bburn plO.dder    pirate
17/04/2012 at 13:45

Yeah, the Adamo is the 2 pronged looking saddle. 

It's a million times better than the saddle that came with my bike, and the cut out bit at the front has solved the "problem" I was having, but I still get a numb bum on longer rides 

Iron Muffin    pirate
17/04/2012 at 14:02

My LBS has some Adamo's avaliable for trial. Cat, it is Eureka near Chester if you are ever passing or maybe somewhere near you would let you borrow one for a spin.  

I am worried that if I try I will end up buying and my new bike already went over budget.

bburn plO.dder    pirate
13/05/2012 at 21:58
HeyTJ, thanks for posting ! Thought this thread had
disappeared! Training is ok, but not going quite to plan. Swimming is improving slowly, but I'm still worried about the cut, I haven't run for two weeks cos I twisted my ankle. The swellings nearly gone, so I may risk a short run this week, I'm doing the DIY HIM that Silent Assasin has organised next weekend, so hopefully I can start running again soon.

I have a different wibble everyday!!! Today's is the bike. I did a 37 mile local sportive today. Admittedly it was very
hilly, but flipping heck I was tired out after just 37 miles!!!!!

Good luck with your 100 miler, I've booked a day off work in about 2 weeks time, I'm planning to do a 100 miles that day, argghhhh !!!
MovingAlong    pirate
14/05/2012 at 12:03

Hi TJ and BB.

I'm still here! Like you 2 I'm having constant wibbles. Last 2 weeks have been a bit disruptive in the old training stakes due to work/life and illness (just a cold that I couldn't shake).

Still - got tomorrow off for the long ride I missed yesterday.

Swimming feels like its gone backwards since OW swimming started. Considering treating myself to a new, better quality wetsuit to see how much difference it would make. Also need to buy some trainers this month to break in in time for the marathon - my current ones are probably going to be a bit too close to dying for me to risk it.

BB - see you this weekend

Dustboy    pirate
14/05/2012 at 17:06

People are swimming OW? Blooming heck that's dedicated.

bburn plO.dder    pirate
14/05/2012 at 17:21
I haven't gone out in OW yet, maybe later this week.....
14/05/2012 at 17:24

Glad to see most people still wibbling. Steady Steve doing the bike leg is planning on doing the Wiggle Ups and Downs at the weekend and that is definitely hillier than the Outlaw course.

I have now resorted to doing training long runs as run 4 mins, walk 1 min. Suprisingly comfortable but slow. I run at 12 min mile normally so it seems really snail  pace but at least the body is holding up.

I will be OW swimming on the 27th for certain and hopefully a couple of times before that just to get used to numb feet and hands.

Dustboy    pirate
14/05/2012 at 23:54

1. I suspect my first OW foray this year will be Outlaw. LOL.

2. Must dig out tribars to look cool. Don't work with new saddle though. Dilemmas! (Sigh)

3. Ceramic wheel bearings are the absolute feckin' dogs! Lord H has already signed up for my spare rear set.

16/05/2012 at 19:53

DB how comes you are not doing Thorpe then.  Thought you liked a bit of OW.  First one for me tomorrow....maybe at the local lake as only 10mins away and free.  Had a bit of a poorly self so only just getting back to it.  Must try and sort out getting to Thorpe though as my local lake is rather small in comparison.  Tri bars are going on on Monday....having to have the set up changed on the bike so a bit of a pain.  First 100miler on Saturday and didn't want to chance being in agony for that one.

Dustboy    pirate
17/05/2012 at 00:12

I reallly like a bit of OW, at 17 degrees or above. 22-24 is better.

They've got a sodding changing bus at Thorpe as well as at Mytchett now. What is it with buses and OW? They are shit to get changed in. And how on earthe do they get a clapped out old bus there anyway? Poor lass on her first OW don't want me ogling her beard cos there is nowhere to change either.

I may not bother with the bars at Outlaw, saddle not conducive to them at all. Dunno, might try them Saturday. 

Doner Kebab    pirate
17/05/2012 at 07:02
You could try tipping the nose of the saddle down a bit so when you are on the bars it don't crush us grapes
Dustboy    pirate
17/05/2012 at 10:32

Hmm, I'll have a go at that DK. Cheers.

Slagiatt    pirate
17/05/2012 at 13:17

2.8k OW Swim in 11 degrees last eve ... although should really declare it as a 2k and a 800m as stopped for a cup of tea and thawing of extremities after 2k.  Holborough lake fast becoming the iron distance training venue of choice it seems with 6 of the 10 people swimming there last night in for outlaw, wales or henley . The others were just training for the channel ... gulp... in swim costumes. Talk about take the wind out of your sails eh.

Cycling going ok ish.. lots of short rides , fair amount of turbo , not very many longe rides at all. 

Running still an absolute shocker for me .. knees just dont like it one little bit so its sloooow going all the way. SA's Half IM this weekend will i fear be a measure of just how far off the mark my training is.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.