IM Switzerland 2007

Anyone in?

101 to 120 of 521 messages
21/11/2006 at 14:57
oooooh a car sticker, yipppeee, just what I need.
21/11/2006 at 15:06
Question 13: Do I need a day license abroad?

Answer: Most national federations will recognise your British Triathlon membership as an international race licence and will not require you to take out a race licence in that country. However, in some countries such as the USA , event organisers may require you to take out their insurance cover due to the level of payments associated with successful claims.

21/11/2006 at 15:55
You use your BTA license but can buy a license upon registration. You also geta little sticker for your bike when taking it to TX for insurance on the roads.
21/11/2006 at 16:00
Joe whats TX?
21/11/2006 at 16:00
transition - bike racking area. Old school set-up, no bags, everything by your bike.
21/11/2006 at 16:02
thanks, sorry all the terminolgy is new to me
21/11/2006 at 16:04
BigBob did you have to add a monitor to you turbo, or does it come with one? Doesnt say on the website I looked it up on?
21/11/2006 at 16:05
Do they not give you bags (run bag + bike bag etc) for your stuff at IM Switz then?

Do you lay it all out like in smaller races?
Calf    pirate
21/11/2006 at 16:05
my car sticker was pants!

Fell off after a week in this summers heat!

21/11/2006 at 16:07
IMCH transition is just like a standard tri - all your kit next to the bike so no fannying with bags..............
21/11/2006 at 16:09
Thanks FB, that's 1 less thing to worry about then!
21/11/2006 at 16:22
You would have to add a monitor. I use my bike computer along with a HRM so don't have a need for one.

I'm also looking for insurance, USA Triathlon doesn't cover you the same as BTA, anyone have any ideas??
21/11/2006 at 16:30
Soz BigBog, know youre asking about USA (I will ask swim coach tonight as he has recently completed RAAM so should know), but just had this info from BTA

At the moment it is £10 to run to the 31st March when our renewals are due. At this point the full year membership for 2007 has not been set but will be around £40 for a club member and £50 for a non-club member. You can join now until the 31st of March or renewals for next year will be up and running in late January/early February
21/11/2006 at 16:31
What do you need the car sticker for anyway?? (In case you knock over a cyclist, if theyre a BTA member they cant sue you??? Not as if I plan to do this of
21/11/2006 at 16:34
Thanks BigBob I use a Garmin 305 at the moment for running, but havent upgraded it to use on bike outdoors ie for the cadence, does anyone use the bike bits and is it worth getting? Ive been told the Cateye (?sp) is a worthwhile buy for turbo??
21/11/2006 at 16:39
Oooo I might know your coach...taught me my BTA level 1 coaching qualification.
Top bloke!
21/11/2006 at 16:39
thanks for all the advice, its really great having an unlimited source of tried and tested, reliable information from everyone.
21/11/2006 at 16:41
I have a Cateye Astrale 8, which seems to be pretty standard kit amongst forumites, easy to use, measures Cadence etc. Just remember to attach the wheel magnet to the rear wheel, not the front :-)
21/11/2006 at 16:42
fantastic chap Joe, but really makes me work!
21/11/2006 at 16:46
right need to go and rob a bank now for all this equipment that I need.
101 to 120 of 521 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.
Forum Jump  

RW competitions

RW Forums