IM thoughts

tri novice having IM thoughts

181 to 188 of 188 messages
purpletrilady    pirate
25/09/2012 at 21:48

get well soon

26/09/2012 at 07:09

Hope you feel better soon.

Small wheels or small (as in narrow) tyres? I'm guessing the latter which just means that you have say a 23mm tyre on instead of a 25mm. If a small wheel this would mean a 650 rather than a 700 - but unlikely. Warning here - I actually know very little about bikes.

Turbo tyre is a standard width, you replace your tyre with them but they are stiff and difficult to fit - my LBS did mine - and you have to put your road tyre back on to go outside.

purpletrilady    pirate
26/09/2012 at 07:58

I've never used a turbo tyre, I never had a problem just using my normal road bike tyres.

I think turbo tyres are great if you have a spare bike.

26/09/2012 at 11:47

PTL - I was the same - just put my bike on the turbo, tyre and all, until I upgraded, new bike goes on the road and old bike has a turbo tyre and is permanently on there now. Having said that the turbo tyre is definitely quieter and harder wearing - leaves less rubber particles up the wall.

27/09/2012 at 07:50

Try your LBS or Chain Reaction or Evans. If you really don't think you'll be riding outside much from here on in then I would say it makes sense to stick a turbo tyre on your road bike and use the hybrid if you do want a ride outside - I will ride my mtb out in much worse weather than I will the road bike.

06/10/2012 at 13:52
Happy Christmas Pixie
06/10/2012 at 16:28
Pixie how much does Twiggy charge?
06/10/2012 at 17:34
I've heard about a coach who has a training pool thing at thurlaston I'll look into that and let you know if you like? It's an endless pool?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
181 to 188 of 188 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.