IM thoughts

tri novice having IM thoughts

181 to 200 of 369 messages
24/07/2012 at 07:01

Don't forget the sunscreen  I shall be heading out for a long one this morning. If it's the same course as last year each lap was 13 miles.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
24/07/2012 at 09:25

P20 at the ready LMH!

fluids ... only got room for 1 bottle and I've just binned my manky camelbak bladder so will have to hope I can get drink at the water park!

Gonna be hot hot hot!

ST that bike fitter ... the bike shop in Barton Under Needwood is where he is

24/07/2012 at 14:26

I thought I'd get through a lot of fluid today too so took two bottles but only drank one and a bit. 60 miles ridden, longest continuous ride this year and in the sunshine!

Britrisky    pirate
24/07/2012 at 16:58
LMH - great riding, very impressive!!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
24/07/2012 at 17:23

I used 2 bottles in the end in about 3 hrs

mind you have just downed a pint more in one go!
Tired, achey and in need of a shower but I think the big man has persuaded me to enter FB! and it looks like we're both doing Outlaw!

24/07/2012 at 17:31
It was very hot I stopped on way back at shop for more fluids lol good fun though good job it wasn't busy at the water park?? Although the pirate gear makes it easyer to spot
24/07/2012 at 17:35
LMH great riding. I took Pixie for a ride up the run leg at the end, I forgot about the long slopes lol
The Evil Pixie    pirate
24/07/2012 at 17:43

yeah that run leg is a killer!

Park was very quiet!

24/07/2012 at 18:08

Thanks Britrisky. Unfortunately it's a long, slow road back to form rather than actual progress for me but such is life. If it was easy going all the time we probably wouldn't get as much out of doing it would we?

So - have you two entered now then? Pixie and ST that is?

How about you Brit - are you in for it?

If only they'd move Outlaw back to the end of July (at the earliest) it would be on my to do list but the beginning of July just makes it a no no for me. I know that I can't get the long bikes in when the weather is pants.

24/07/2012 at 18:51
LMH no not yet, still waiting for funds will book on at end of month
Britrisky    pirate
24/07/2012 at 19:09
LMH - yeah, I'm up for it, I think. Have entered HIM in Ripon Sep 2nd and if I finish that with a smile on my face I reckon I'll enter (will there still be places left then?)

I have a plan for training worked out for term time but it's taking a lot of planning and determination now the kids are off school to fit sessions in. I really don't care about my time but I do have some work to do to build up the mileage on my bike, and 10 days in Spain from Fri won't help. I'm determined, though
24/07/2012 at 19:37

Ah - I meant are you in for the Wild Boar (I'm sorry - but that makes me laugh, I'm sure it was actually called the Full Boar last year which wasn't quite so giggle inducing). How old are your children? Not a complication I have, thankfully, the husband and dog are bad enough to work round

Are there many places left ST?

24/07/2012 at 19:42
33 places left at mo LMH although last year there was more entered. So don't know why they have reduced numbers? Plus no teams this year?
25/07/2012 at 06:46

I didn't think that it was full last year though ST? And to be honest there wasn't much room in that lake!

Britrisky    pirate
25/07/2012 at 10:20

They're 15 and 14, LMH. No, I'm not doing WB, but wish I was - it looks like there'll be a good turnout. I'm looking at Outlaw next year, though - if I can keep my positive head on ... do you fancy a bimble around Nottinghamshire next year? 

The Evil Pixie    pirate
25/07/2012 at 10:21

will more than likely be entering the Full Boar this week seeing as my legs aren't screaming after yesterday's ride (9m each way, 1 lap bike (13m) plus 1 lap run course (3m) so 34m)

A little err tender  in places but I'll survive.

Swim time tomorrow - gonna be warm. May go without wettie - will allow me to worry about breathing without feeling restricted by wettie maybe. Perhaps do a bit of each?

Recovery run (just 2m) this morning to HR was easier than expected too with more running than expected so overall I'm a happy Pixie (note ST that's Pixie NOT pickle

25/07/2012 at 16:56

Can you get them to join in with you Britrisky? Outlaw is too early in the season for me I'm afraid. I'm hypothyroid and feel the cold very badly so those long bikes just wouldn't happen unless we have an unseasonably warm spring and whilst I can cope with the odd four hour turbo session I can't face a campaign that consists almost entirely of them. Almere for me next year I think, second weekend in September, gives me all of the summer to train, much easier!

25/07/2012 at 19:14
Last year 167 entered 138 finished race this year 150 entry list? Unless it was relays that made it more?
The Evil Pixie    pirate
26/07/2012 at 11:59

Bog swimming tonight with ST - just had a mail to say it may be over 24 in which case no wettie so gonna wear tri kit to test that out.

will be interesting to see what difference it makes to my breathing!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
26/07/2012 at 13:27

I can't believe ST!

Stood me up OW swimming last week and now he's too chicken this week with it possibly being no wettie!

181 to 200 of 369 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.