Did you have to register with the local tri club to swim at MB?,

The Evil Pixie    pirate
26/07/2012 at 14:32

no you have to be a BTA member but not a tri club

£3 to get into the water park then for guests it's either £2:50 or £3 to swim

you need to sign your life away too!

Fancy it then?

26/07/2012 at 16:03

I do... but at £6.00 a session ........ and I haven't bought a wettie yet. I may keep to my pool sessions till next season. Hmmmmmmmm

The Evil Pixie    pirate
26/07/2012 at 16:08

LOL

26/07/2012 at 17:59

Can't say I blame him Pixie - you wouldn't get me in without a wettie unless it was a race either! I made the most of weather and circumstance today, my longest run since VLM then, as plans with a friend fell through, another couple of hours on the bike. Was tempted to head to the pool for a full house but decided to be sensible as nearly five hours worth of training is the most I've done in a day for a while.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
26/07/2012 at 21:05

biked to MB then did 2 big laps. SOOOOO much better without the wettie! I was able to breathe and swim.

Started off dodgy again thinking no way was I doing 1 big lap but half way round it started going OK.

Stopped for some fluid then did a 2nd lap and despite going really wide was 3 mins quicker.

Speaking to a couple of ladies after it seems I am off home to enter FB!!

26/07/2012 at 21:26

Go EP - you've really got the bit between your teeth

The Evil Pixie    pirate
26/07/2012 at 21:30

want to make the most of the summer hols so that, hopefully, when I get back to school I just carry on

also being fitter should make me feel less tired and better

plus I want to get a good base fitness

plus it's fun!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
27/07/2012 at 08:46

And rest! Today I will be doing active recovery whilst shopping due to son deciding to grow and need a tonne of new stuff for school huh

The Evil Pixie    pirate
27/07/2012 at 14:54

seem to have entered - number 122 so hurry up ST seeing as it's your fault I've entered!!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
29/07/2012 at 11:26

7m long run - longest run since VLM10!

29/07/2012 at 17:06
Nice running EP
The Evil Pixie    pirate
02/08/2012 at 14:09

Thanks ST

Well where has this week gone?

After Sunday's run I gave blood and the nurse was brutely. Arm was hurting all night and next day but no bruise to show for the pain

Anyway Monday and Tuesday I was away on a teaching ICT conference in Crewe - 2hr drive there, and all day sat down mainly in a cramped lecture hall plus next to no sleep Monday night meant that yesterday I was more tired, tight and lathargic than last week when I OTT'd on training!

I went out for a planned 3-4m yesterday but calves and legs said NO so i did 1m jog and a couple of miles walking instead.

Tonight should be OW but I've run out of contacts so can't see to swim! Hope to pop out for a brick session this afternoon.

Feeling very lazy this week plus guilty at not doing school work even though it is the holiday!!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
02/08/2012 at 14:11

Oh and just resubscribed to 220 for 1yr to meaning I'll have inspiration up to the Outlaw! Oh and a free transition bag too

off to read Fink some more whilst drinking my tea before brick! Then back to watch the cycling

Wasn't Bradley Wiggins amazing yesterday?

The Evil Pixie    pirate
02/08/2012 at 14:44

cancel that ... was getting kit out and it went very dark very sudden and now someone is holding a hose against my windows. It's that dark I've had to put the lights on

5mins later and I would have drowned

iron fraggle    pirate
02/08/2012 at 15:50
A combined bike/swim brick then ? ;-p
02/08/2012 at 20:25
Did you get out EP? I did 5k off road run with wife so nice and steady wife (Lisa) did well though we ran 29 minutes so under 10 minute mile pace. Lisa not a runner just fancied a run out with me. Then I braved it and went ow swim, two big loops 1800 m so well chuffed
The Evil Pixie    pirate
03/08/2012 at 15:34

no ST I didn't get out

Last week was awesome I loved it and felt good. The 2 days enforced rest made me feel sooooo tired and I think it hit me how tired I was after the end of term. This week has been a complete nightmare

03/08/2012 at 18:52
Still you have the Full Boar to look forward to
The Evil Pixie    pirate
05/08/2012 at 09:44

hmmmmm

well yesterday I felt like I had been hit by a bus. End of term hit properly. I was on off asleep for 3-4hrs during the day and when awake just felt like lead. Only just stayed awake for the triathlon

Slept 9hrs last night too.

Have decided to rest today and slowly get back to it next week.

I know I overtrained last week but I did feel great and I am sure that most of this weeks exhaustion is work related because on march I was dead for 2-3 days and at Christmas I was out for a week any thoughts of any exercise more than making a brew was exhausting. So ... easy next week, bit more the week after, just move the week after then FB.

FB will be hard. I know I can do the swim and I know I am stubborn enough to complete the run it's the bike I'm concerned about.

Also fuel .... I can drink on the bike but have never eaten. I'm too much of a wimp to take both hands off the handle bars too! So I'm thinking gel in T1 + some sports drink, drink on the bike + maybe some bite sizes malt loaf then gels on the run.

What do they do at feed stations? Do you get a 500ml bottle of sports drink so ditch yours and take theirs? So many dumb questions!

ST if you aren't taking part feel free to pop down at the end of the bike and the run to shout at me!

201 to 220 of 369 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.