IMCH 2009 Travel

Another option

12 messages
WildWill    pirate
24/07/2008 at 14:55
I've been talking to a mate who works for nivarna europe about packages to IMCH next year and the following is an iemail i recieved from him - the price guid look quite competitive to me ...
WildWill    pirate
24/07/2008 at 14:55

Following on from our telephone conversation, our packages are going to be ready within the next week.  However in the meantime, I wanted to provide you with the information of our package for next years event and our experiences over the last two years. 

The package The package includes the following: 

• Return flights from throughout the UK
  • Bike carriage reservation – we pre book and where possible pre pay your bike carriage on the flight
  • Airport meet and greet – by Nirvana Europe staff
  • Return airport transfers – including your bike box/bag
  • 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 nights accommodation at one of two hotels ideally located for the event site
  • Breakfast – including breakfast on race day morning from 4 am
  • Event related transfers  for athletes and spectators to registration, English race briefing, bike racking and event day
  • Nirvana Europe ground support – Nirvana staff will be in Switzerland providing all the support you need throughout your stay
  • Race entry – if required sold at cost price
 The hotels 

For the event we use two hotels which are sold out a year in advance; we contract a large allocation of rooms for UK athletes and spectators so that you will be staying in a hotel with fellow competitors from the UK.  For both hotels we run a full programme of event transfers as mentioned above.

The first hotel is the Ibis Hotel which is a typically standard Ibis hotel and is literally the closest hotel with walking distance being approximately 15-20minutes; there is also a good tram connection into Zurich.

The Seehotel in Horgen is a lovely hotel in a lovely setting down the lake from the event site, approximately 8KM.  Very close to the hotel is a very good rail link to both the event site (train station is within the event site) and Zurich of which, if you wish, you are able to take your bike on the train. 
Edited: 24/07/2008 at 15:02
WildWill    pirate
24/07/2008 at 14:56

Experience  As a company we have been providing travel and accommodation packages to Ironman Switzerland for the last 4 years; this year we had over 185 clients, last year over 150 and the previous year over 100.  For the last three years we have built an extensive knowledge of the area, the event site, transport logistics and relationships with the hotels which is so important when providing travel and accommodation to our clients.  However big or small the group we provide the same service and the attention to detail throughout your initial booking to arriving and staying with us for the event. T

he feedback we received this year was fantastic, not just for Swiss but for Austria, Germany, France and Challenge Roth, and if you would like me to email you any testimonials please do not hesitate to let me know. 

Costs As ever to be finalised and to be confirmed however for this years event, a cost based on 2 people sharing a twin or double bed for 4 nights from Heathrow, and as per the package detailed above excluding entry slot was £459 staying at the Ibis or £479 staying at the Seehotel per person.  To get the most economical package possible, flights need to be bought as soon as they come on sale, which, generally, are at their cheapest.  For groups of 10 or more, by all means we can look at a group cost especially for the whole Pirates group – it would be a pleasure to provide them with our services as I have seen them over the last two years

Once I have the package finalised hopefully within the next week I will contact you again with a full package itinerary and cost.

Edited: 24/07/2008 at 15:03
Ratbag    pirate
24/07/2008 at 17:01
That doesn't sound a bad price Will....I've already booked the Ibis but if they have it all sorted and the prices are competitive it could save a lot of hassle....
24/07/2008 at 17:06
WW, can they organise similar for us foreigners, there are a pile of paddys coming over too? Alternatively, could you send me your mates phone number and I'll give him a call.
24/07/2008 at 17:17
aren't there still dorm rooms in the YH if you contact them directly??
Ratbag    pirate
24/07/2008 at 17:18
There were some dorm rooms but I'm going with Mrs RB and I don't think she'd appreciate the dorm.......
24/07/2008 at 17:20
just book one and keep it for yourself.  dorm rooms are 4-6 people and cost bugger all. 
debbo    pirate
24/07/2008 at 17:30
BtS and I had a dorm room in Austria and it wasn't too expensive, mind you we had booked a double
21/08/2008 at 18:55
WW-myself and Mrs TB would be interested if there is availability. Are many other pirates taking their other halves?
Ultra AJH    pirate
22/08/2008 at 12:44
I think I might be looking at this, and I will be taking the other half.
22/08/2008 at 15:20
It's way too early for my other half to commit to something like this but I'll be looking for a double in case he does.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.