IMCH taper

A few suggestions

21 to 25 of 25 messages
JD.    pirate
17/06/2009 at 11:46

thanks rosey.

time to hit the eliptical/treadmill for lunch.

JD.
mellifera    pirate
17/06/2009 at 11:58

I'd agree with that too. In general the harder you have trained the more you need to taper but that doesn't mean the somewhat undertrained can't over do it! if you think the session you have in mind might be OTT then it probably is. Do a similar session but for less time.

My own view is that it's a good idea to keep the training frequency the same - you just make the sessions shorter. You can use the extra time to practice transitions or do a bit more stretching (but don't over stretch). I think a lot of people have tended to train at more of less the same sort of intensity all the time but if you have been doing higher intensity stuff then cut the duration again. For example, if you've been doing 40min tempo (ten mile pace ish) instead do 10mins or even 2 x 5mins with a little break. 

Edited: 17/06/2009 at 12:01
19/06/2009 at 00:33
Brilliant thread, great information. Thank you.
WildWill    pirate
19/06/2009 at 07:14
I have my last big/hard session scheduled for Wednesdays - probably a bit over 100miles then its a reasonable swim on the thursday then Taper Taper Taper Taper Taper Taper
JPenno    pirate
13/07/2009 at 11:16
Boing - makes good reading for IMUK in a couple of weeks

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.