IMDE to move?

You heard it here first

41 to 55 of 55 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
18/06/2008 at 19:48

Jj - I'm aware of that, but I'm just hurt and fed up to the back teeth with always being targeted by certain people. I am neither slow nor stupid, just in a different setting from the rest of you, and perfectly aware that I can't expect everyone to like me, but up until now I've treated everyone with respect. That's over. As I said once to a boss who told me off for not attending a dinner in honour of someone, you get my respect when you've earned it. That'll be a cold day in Hell before some do.

Especially as I'm old enough to be mother to most of you, even Grandma to some.

That said, I like almost everyone on here - with a few exceptions.

18/06/2008 at 20:00
ratbag - prog rock guitarist from back in the day.  was tragically killed in his prime, when verommy the tv clown dropped a bucket on him
18/06/2008 at 20:54

you're only targeted because you keep responding. Stop responding and there will be a fresh target soon.

But as you say, you're old enough to know that. So it's up to you. 

18/06/2008 at 20:59
no prob, I've already made my decision.
oxymoron    pirate
18/06/2008 at 21:12

everyone gets the mickey taken, the only way you're any different IW, is the way in which you insist on taking it so personally rather than in the comic way it is usually intended, there was/is an entire thread running earlier on smithy wimping the penine duathlon, i doubt he's assumed the foetal position in a sulk about it though.

dont go native, you're english!

JD.    pirate
18/06/2008 at 21:15
hey oxy, i'm relying on you to produce the pervy version of IMF video please.  it has to be a breast fest on that beach i'm sure.
JD.
oxymoron    pirate
18/06/2008 at 21:19

ok, well i will do my breast, although i dont have a video camera!

i have a normal camera though, will that do?

JD.    pirate
18/06/2008 at 21:21
get one at the airport, otherwise breast assured a camera will do.
JD.
18/06/2008 at 21:27

oxy, thank you, but I don't see anything "comic" in some of the slurs cast at me in the past few days. As Jj said, mean-spirited. I have resolved to retire with dignity for a little while. And of course I'm English, Nemo and me are racing in Czech republic for the GB cani-cross team in October.

Over and out.

oxymoron    pirate
18/06/2008 at 21:48
i dont think your treatment has been any more mean spirited than all of us taking the piss out of smithy for not starting his duathlon or spartacus for crashing at lanza or mocking candy for his recent clutz like dnf or laughing at my £10k spent to not run a marathon, but hey, if thats what you believe, fair enough!
19/06/2008 at 11:25

Nice report.

Although the constant dnf mockery is very hurtful.  I'm hoosing off out of here, FOREVER.  (((((me)))))

Ironholgs    pirate
19/06/2008 at 15:44

Cougie - I did the Hamburg marathon at the end of april and got badly sunburnt in 27 degree heat, unfortunately it doesn't always rain there. It would be a great venue for IMDE, the crowds were amazing. Berlin would be an awesome venue as well.

I'll be sat up late next week trying to enter this race in 2009.

20/06/2008 at 06:02

The blurb on the Hamburg triathlon weekend confidently states this is once again the biggest triathlon in the world, so presumably it IS a great place to hold an IM.

Edited: 20/06/2008 at 08:39
20/06/2008 at 10:34
Arghhh, I wanted to enter IM Germany as the course is faster (for me) than Austria, but now i dont know what to do.  I am temtped to enter Austria as a safer bet as I would be totally stuffed if they moved Germany to a hilly location and especially if they put hills in the run - arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
The Trickster    pirate
20/06/2008 at 11:21
Mmmm. You wouldn't happen to post on another forum by chance Pip?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 55 of 55 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.