IMUK 2013 Bonkers!

Just made decision....!

181 to 200 of 961 messages
10/01/2013 at 11:15

Morning Bones and everyone

I'm just cycling once a week with the odd run here and there, and no swimming yet.

Waiting for Fink to drop on my door mat then I can start training proper. Can't believe how long it's taking to arrive!.... I ordered a toilet off ebay that was delivered in 2 working days, Don Fink off Amazon estimated delivery 2-3 weeks rubbish.......

Can any one give me a clue what I should be doing?

10/01/2013 at 11:32

Hey Woody, there is a Fink link to the plans on excel amongst this site somewhere??

I had a quick look and cant find it but i did download the intermediate programme before so i do have a copy.  If you want to message me i can email it to you if that helps?

AndyB99    pirate
10/01/2013 at 11:32

woody if you send me your email address i can send you the plans in xl format...the dates will be wrong on it but just change the monday dates and the rest will change...the book is worth getting though its a good read!!!

Tyler go get a bike fit....you'll never get your cleat right on your own and if they are causing you knee problems they will only get worse.

a mate of mine is Mike Taylor at bridgetown cycles....he'll do a good deal for you if i introduce you but we'll have to talk off line about it....it takes about 4 hours but you have to be prepared for bad news if you've bought the wrong size bike (which most people do)

10/01/2013 at 11:35

Just completed day 4, 1hr swim and 30 mins at an average cadence of 107 on the bike.

Woody, I have sent you a PM.  

10/01/2013 at 11:42

Knee injuries and bikes hmmmm, we have all had them, do you take MSM?. Tablets are normally up to 500mg, but if the buy the powder from Holland & Barrett you can get a whopping 3000mg hit. I have used it a few times and seems to do the trick. Could be in the mind (or knee) but does it for me.

10/01/2013 at 11:48

Tyler, made up the suit fits, good news.

10/01/2013 at 12:06

Thanks guys

Stephen just replied to your mail

10/01/2013 at 12:29

Woody you have mail. 

Enough playing around enjoying life, time to go to work. Got pay for this expensive hobby somehow.

10/01/2013 at 12:31
stephen kavanagh 4 wrote (see)

Tyler, made up the suit fits, good news.

Cheers Steve...Me too!! and i got a pair of cloth wetsuit gloves to put it on!  Made me feel like a wetsuit surgeon!  I'm used to 5mm surfing wetsuits!  Something tells me got to be bit more careful with this one....surgically!!

10/01/2013 at 12:52

stephen

Thats good going on the bike was you outside or on the turbo or rollers?. I invested in the GSC10 cadence monitor for my garmin a couple of weeks ago. I have tested it on the road, but not on the turbo yet.

Edited: 10/01/2013 at 13:20
10/01/2013 at 12:59

Cheers Stephen and thanks for the offer Andy.

Finger nails the menace of wetsuits. when I went for my fitting the guy couldn't stress enough the need to pinch with fingers and thumb and not to grab at it. Not easy given how tight they are until you get in the water.

10/01/2013 at 13:27

Also as im now playing catch up with your pro's can I ask which part of the country are you all from?

Im SE London / Kent Boarders

10/01/2013 at 14:36

I'm from Bolton and less than a mile from the Chorley new Road bit of the run route.

10/01/2013 at 15:17

wow its on your doorstep, maybe we could stop for a cuppa on the run!!.

10/01/2013 at 15:41

I thought I was close living in Wigan - I think on the run I would want more than a cuppa though...

10/01/2013 at 16:05

You are are all more than welcome to a brew any time but on the day, I might not be back until late.

However if you make yourself known I'm sure my support crew will give you lots of support and encouragement as you pass them at the Retreat Bar on C N R, you shouldn't miss them cos they're quite a noise bunch.

AndyB99    pirate
10/01/2013 at 16:15

i'm in chorley...less than 2 miles from the start of the bike loops....

10/01/2013 at 22:13
I'm from Paignton down in Devon, a little way a way but if anyone's passing then there's always a cuppa up for grabs!
11/01/2013 at 06:28

Bones, the 107 cadence was on a gym spin bike. The gym is good for shorter bike / run workouts and I can get onto the bike or treadmill straight after a swim.  

I live in Winwick which is 5 miles from Pennington Flash.

7 mile tempo run for me today.

People who I speak to from the world of IM champion the idea of recruiting the services of a coach. I think Fink is probably more than sufficient for a first attempt, however the concensus appears to be that the Fink plan is light on bike training.  

11/01/2013 at 08:52

Morning all

its friday

Stephen, good work out on the gym bike, our ones don t have cadence readings so its the count how many for 15 secs then x 4 and hope your keeping the same pace going.

You all seem local then besides Tyler and myself and I love that part of the country, spent many a year on holiday at Teignmouth.

I do a daily commute into Central London, just over 12 miles each way. This mornings event was a schoolboy ran straight across the Old Kent Road into a female cylist who was 2 in front of me, knocked her clean off across the bus lane. What really got me was the cyclist behind her who was all suited and booted in his lycra etc slowed and steered around her laying in the road without even looking at her. I stopped to help her up, checked her bike then moaned at her as she had no bike helmet and had music screaming out fo a pair of ear phones she had in. I know London is a harsh place to cycle in, believe me I've been commuting on my bike for over 20 years, but sometimes you just wonder what people are thinking.

rant over (sorry)

Gym tonight then club ride into the depths of Kent tomorrow.

We have an amazing coach at our club who I can draw advise from, what he doesnt know about swimming and biking is no ones business. A quick text will get a reply of epic proportions. I have completly changed the way I cycle in the last 2-3 months and have noticed a difference in my own time trials I do. This is mainly through positioning on bike, leeping my knees closer together and not coasting, just keep peddaling!!

181 to 200 of 961 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.